The "Chaser Awards" thread is out of control...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States of Americ
I think a mod needs to go in and delete EVERY post in the "Chaser Awards" thread that is off topic. Tony was trying to do something that would be fun for the chasing community, and someone made a blog entry slamming it... Things have since spun out of control in the "Chaser Awards" thread...

While I agree with the posts made by Mike H. and others about the blog post, I think the posts just happen to be in the wrong place... Again, I see it as Tony wanting to do something fun with the chase community, yet this is what happens.... :?

Since I don't want this thread to turn into a flame war (or at least I don't want to be involved in one), this is my first AND last post within this thread.

All offtopic posts after Jason's "Stay on topic" reminder (the SECOND reminder from a moderator) WILL be deleted. If anyone has a problem with a comment by someone in that thread, please direct it to that member via the Private Message system. Offtopic posts include "Yeah, cmon guys, let's stay on topic" or other remarks that do not pertain directly to Tony's original intent.

Considering Jason's is off topic at the beginning of his post by having a post seconding another posters opinion in which that opinion is an off topic post itself, then I will be on record here as calling B.S. in the handling .
Not that I don't agree with staying on topic but once again we have the hollier than thou appearance going on.

It's ok I agree with what you said and I'll second it even if it is breaking the rule but we'll stop breaking the rules here after mine turn....
IMO

:roll:

Frankly, I think we should be grateful that Jason could be *bothered* to *try* and corrall the thread *at all* before it went spinning out of control. And on Thanksgiving Day, too. I'm sure as hell not going to pass judgment on a moderator's input when they're trying to calm everyone down. He felt the need to agree with one of the other posts while expressing his wishes that the thread be kept on topic.

So here's a big thanks to Jason and the other mods for *trying* to keep the forum on an even keel. Your efforts are appreciated..... :D

KR

Originally posted by David Schuttler
Considering Jason's is off topic at the beginning of his post by having a post seconding another posters opinion in which that opinion is an off topic post itself, then I will be on record here as calling B.S. in the handling .
Not that I don't agree with staying on topic but once again we have the hollier than thou appearance going on.

It's ok I agree with what you said and I'll second it even if it is breaking the rule but we'll stop breaking the rules here after mine turn....
IMO

David, I was just trying to keep the TOPIC on TOPIC in the first place. I even included my vote for the awards to make sure this was accomplished. I read the blog and saw Mike's comments and thought I would post a comment to help from keeping the topic from going out of control. If no one appreciates this I just won't bother anymore, but I enjoy this board and after a while you can kinda tell when things are going to get out of control. Again, I wasn't trying to argue with people I just wanted to try and diffuse the situation a little bit so it wouldn't become REALLY out of hand (which it had the potiental to be).

I even PM'ed a member to make this absolutely clear that I was just trying to be of help keep things on track and that I understood that persons frustrations.

And Tony I think it is a very neat Idea and keep following through!
Thanks,
Scott.

Does it seem weird to anyone else that we have threads started by people who aren't moderators, talking about what people who are moderators should be doing? There's already been moderator interaction on this thread, we don't need a second thread based on the moderation of the first one. This entire thread is, IMO, a total waste of time. I get the strong impression there's a few people who aren't moderators who desperately wish to be. Well, you're not, so let the mods take care of things. You're running up a ton of bandwidth with worthless posts, that are, quite frankly, good for nothing other than running up that post count. (It's still viewable inside the membership list feature, which I feel is part of the ongoing problem of chronic posting by the same 2-3 people everyday).

I check the post numbers daily; there's two people who's scores are multiplying like bacteria, yet the quality isn't anything more spectacular than that of many other members which these two have bitched about repeatedly for weeks/months now. Because this is a members-only viewable forum, I'm not going to be nice - I'm going to be honest. You two individuals need to seriously chill out on what other people are posting about here, because the two of you post crap daily that rivals TWC for worthlessness.

I don't care what you post or how often - but as long as this constant bitching about what others post continues, I'm gonna call you out.

Originally posted by Shane Adams
Does it seem weird to anyone else that we have threads started by people who aren't moderators, talking about what people who are moderators should be doing?

It was a suggestion... I thought it would be nice to keep a decent thread clean on this forum.

There's already been moderator interaction on this thread, we don't need a second thread based on the moderation of the first one. This entire thread is, IMO, a total waste of time.

I assume you mean the other thread, since this is the "second" thread. But again... If it was such a waste of time, you didn't have to click on the link or even respond to it - but you did.

I get the strong impression there's a few people who aren't moderators who desperately wish to be. Well, you're not, so let the mods take care of things. You're running up a ton of bandwidth with worthless posts, that are, quite frankly, good for nothing other than running up that post count.

And this very post that I am quoting isn't?

(It's still viewable inside the membership list feature, which I feel is part of the ongoing problem of chronic posting by the same 2-3 people everyday).

I check the post numbers daily; there's two people who's scores are multiplying like bacteria, yet the quality isn't anything more spectacular than that of many other members which these two have bitched about repeatedly for weeks/months now.

I thought we weren't going to play "moderators"?

Because this is a members-only viewable forum, I'm not going to be nice - I'm going to be honest. You two individuals need to seriously chill out on what other people are posting about here, because the two of you post crap daily that rivals TWC for worthlessness.

Don't know who you are referring two... Probably me though, because I am in the top post count. If I could remove my post count, believe me - it would be gone. I hate being accused of "trying to run up a post count" simply because I enjoy the forums :roll:

Again, if you're going to call it like it is, use names... Even if I'm one of the two you are talking about - I don't care. I will always post on ST as long as it's around regardless of what others think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back