Thank You Mods

Maybe Tim or a mod can help out with this...but what is the current system for being elected/appointed/whatever as a MOD?

Wouldn't a mod be appointed? In every board I'm a member of, the owner appoints the mods. I've never heard of an election before.

Wouldn't a mod be appointed? In every board I'm a member of, the owner appoints the mods. I've never heard of an election before.

Right, most of the time you have a period of nominations and then the board votes to appoint.
In the case of ST, I see no reason why members can't nominate other members and the members who have the majority of support through this nomination process could then be discussed by Tim and the rest of the current mod team who will ultimately vote in who actually gets the spots. Along the way, if a member is nominated who does not want to do it or has time constraints, they simply PM a mod and tell them and their name is dropped.

I think various people stand out as good (and calm) just by their own postings, and other moderators and the owner take notice, and then approach that person offline/off-the-forum. If that person is willing to do the job, then they are put before the other owners/administrators (when there's more than one) but not before the other moderators. But each site chooses it's own way, but that is the normal M.O. I've seen with the various weather related forums I'm a member of.

In the case of ST, I see no reason why members can't nominate other members and the members who have the majority of support through this nomination process could then be discussed by Tim and the rest of the current mod team who will ultimately vote in who actually gets the spots. Along the way, if a member is nominated who does not want to do it or has time constraints, they simply PM a mod and tell them and their name is dropped.

I believe this is the way it was done last time. Tim V. posted a thread calling for those who were interested in the job and for nominations. I don't know how the selection process went after that, as I was not privy to it.

There was an emphasis to try select a staff that would represent various aspects of the ST community. Here's the thread announcing when the current staff took over:
http://stormtrack.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17541

I believe this is the way it was done last time. Tim V. posted a thread calling for those who were interested in the job and for nominations. I don't know how the selection process went after that, as I was not privy to it.

There was an emphasis to try select a staff that would represent various aspects of the ST community. Here's the thread announcing when the current staff took over:
http://stormtrack.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17541

Cool, well then, I think it's time to do it again...

Back