Storm chaser charged with arson after changing story multiple times

Hi Marc, this is a good question and an adequate challenge. I found it topical due to the shear number of chasers wrapped up in the now fraudulent gofundme associated with this individual and incident.

What does this have to do with actual storm chasing?

I see it as for example WR Tyreek Hill and the domestic abuse thing. The domestic abuse has nothing to do with the ACTUAL NFL but he no longer is in the NFL because of it. Burning down your house has nothing to do with ACTUAL storm chasing but he no longer will be storm chasing if he goes to jail.

The fire marshal then discovered that the back door that Moss suggested was open while he was moving the chair was shut while the blaze happened. This discovery raised suspicions and prompted the fire marshal to contact a police detective. In a voluntary interview with ATF agents, Moss’ story changed several more times.
He claimed to have lit the lighter, accidently starting the blaze, but then claimed he started the chair on fire to burn it down small enough to fit through the door.

One of the funniest things I've read all year.

I think these goobers believe that claiming to be a storm chaser actually gives them a certain amount of clout in society. Kind of like a janitor and a lawyer working in an office building. They speak whenever they see each other but the janitor wants to be someone much more important than he is that he’d tell the lawyer all kinds of tall tales just to be somebody. I hate it when they do it to chasers though. Society is going to begin thinking we’re all a bunch of kooks.

LOL..... with all the fraudulent and misleading activity associated with chasers over the last ten years, I'm not sure I'd want to advise law enforcement of my "occupation." Last year I informed a TSA checkpoint that I was a "chaser" and I was taken to a dark room and beaten with a rubber hose under a bright light for hours. 🤣

Back