SN SN historical positions database?

Darren Lo

EF0
Hi, does SN retain a database of full position and reports history for all time? If so, would it be possible to get an anonymized version of this database, with personally identifiable information stripped out? There has been some interest in attempting to quantify the amount of chaser activity over the years, and a historical SN database seems like the way to get started.

Even with anonymized versions, it seems plausible that the information could easily be extrapolated to become a witch hunt and would reveal personally identifiable information. ie: even if you removed my name, it wouldn't be a stretch to figure out where I live and then figure out which SN tracks lead to my house and then say "Ben was going 85 in a 70! that dangerous SOB"

Hi Darren, as Ben mentioned, it would be hard to fully anonymize the information. We have participated in research activities in the past though, so if you would like to write up a formal proposal of the project and mail it to us, feel free to send it to support -at- spotternetwork.org and the board will review it.

Back