Severe Local Storms presentations now available

Thanks for sharing the links! I'm just now starting to review some of them.

The Using GOES-R Demonstration Products to Bridge the Gap Between Severe Weather Watches and Warnings for the 20 May 2013 Moore, OK Tornado Outbreak presentation demonstrated some future capabilities that look like they would be very useful in the field. GOES-R CI probabilities using cloud top cooling rate looks amazing for anticipating initiation as well as strength of developing storms. Although looks like there are still concerns over false-positive issues in the CI products that are being addressed.

Thanks for sharing the links! I'm just now starting to review some of them.

The Using GOES-R Demonstration Products to Bridge the Gap Between Severe Weather Watches and Warnings for the 20 May 2013 Moore, OK Tornado Outbreak presentation demonstrated some future capabilities that look like they would be very useful in the field. GOES-R CI probabilities using cloud top cooling rate looks amazing for anticipating initiation as well as strength of developing storms. Although looks like there are still concerns over false-positive issues in the CI products that are being addressed.

I've used CI and OST products with great success over the last two years.

Back