Saving Multiple Images in GR2Analyst at Once?

Carl Jones

Enthusiast
Perhaps this question has been asked previously, but is there a way to save multiple GR2Analyst images at once? Has anyone found a work around to this? It can become quite tedious when you have to save hours worth of GR2Analyst display images one time step at a time. Thanks in advance!

You should ask this question on the GRLevelX Owner's Forum. As far as I know, no, there is no way. If you want to save lots of radar images at once, use NOAA's Weather and Climate Toolkit software, as it can do exactly that for you.

+1. Another option is to use the L2 archive data that is freely available through AWS going back to 1991 found here. One other website I found that offers a pick list to different products including L2 data. This document explains the file formats within the archive and other important elements if you’re into AWS, S3 bucket, and setting up ARN notices and such.

My last suggestion is to grab the files GRAE created (for whichever particular station you need) using Windows Explorer before you start the program up the next day. You have to grab them before starting up because once you invoke the program the previous day’s files are scrubbed from the folder. I can’t remember the exact folder location but I believe it’s either in your username profile / or possibly Program Data or Program Files. Drag the files to another location you create for the time sequence you’re interested in and you’ll have them to go back to and make screenshots of at your leisure.

As Jeff said, refer to the GR Owners Forum for the most up to date information and other topics probably not covered here but definitely over there.

Back