Rocky's stormchaser picnic this Saturday May 25th

STORMCHASER PICNIC DETAILS: The stormchasers get together is on!! Saturday 1pm until... at my farm near Piedmont, OK. Food and drink will be provided (hot dogs, hamburgers, and other culinary surprises) and an outstanding HD TV to make your video's look better than they really are Chase tour groups especially welcome. With a couple of down days this weekend. It should be hard to pass up stopping by, even if it's for a short while and hang out with fellow like minded folk exchanging stories and video. The pool will be open if your up for a swim as well. A 5 dollar minimum donation is requested per person to cover expenses. At the request of my wife.. no alcohol please. Directions will be provided before Friday evening. One other note.. you may be aware of the road leading to my house has not been in stellar condition. It is quite drivable, just be aware of the potholes. Please RSVP me as soon as possible, preferably by Thursday night so we can get enough food and drink.

It's been an honour and a pleasure as always to host this every year, being it looks as though we're not moving anywhere right away (Grandkids keep you planted in one spot, you know?) We hope to continue the tradition as long as my wife Dee is up to it. So, I really hope to see you, even if it's for only an hour or so. So, see you on Saturday.. it will not be complete without you being here

All systems are a go for today for the picnic at our farm near Piedmont. Lots of work being done in preparation .. and their will be lots of food! My sister in law Dana just said.. 55 burger patties alone are made up, so come hungry!!

STORMCHASER'S PICNIC DIRECTIONS: From I-40, you can get off at the Kilpatrick Turnpike exit (138) and go NORTH to the Hwy 3 exit. Once you get to Hwy 3, turn LEFT, you'll be heading northwest toward Piedmont Rd. (hwy 4). At Piedmont Rd., there is a McDonalds and gas station, make a RIGHT. You'll be heading NORTH. Proceed thru Piedmont (mind the speed limits!!!) to Apache Rd./NW 206th St. At that intersection, make a LEFT.. you'll be heading west.. you'll see a small hill in the distance, once you crest that hill, you'll see a neighbourhood and we are the THIRD road on the RIGHT which is Hall Rd. If you get to Frisco Rd., you've gone too far. Take Hall Rd. to the end and into my driveway which is about 0.6 of a mile. There will be some puddles and potholes to negotiate around but it's more than passable. My address: 5504 Hall Rd. NW, Piedmont, OK. 73078.

Being that the tour groups will be up north chasing today.. make it an extra consideration to show up.. we have more than enough food and good times had by all. We launch at 1pm but get here when you can if you can.

Thanks again!! look forward in seeing you.

Back