Recommend a Portable Air Compressor / Inflator

The one I have is junk, bought by my lovely wife without asking about it...pretty sure it says "Sharper Image" on it, so thats enough to describe its performance.

So what recommendations are out there for what you carry in your vehicle.

One thing of note, I don't require the ability to inflate truck tires. I drive a Subaru with 33psi tires.

Thanks!!
-Marc

On a related "flat tire gear" note, I highly recommend getting a hydraulic floor/trolley jack to avoid having to use those slow, awkward and unstable ones that come with the vehicle. They are $20 to $30 bucks at Wal Mart.

On a related "flat tire gear" note, I highly recommend getting a hydraulic floor/trolley jack to avoid having to use those slow, awkward and unstable ones that come with the vehicle. They are $20 to $30 bucks at Wal Mart.

I've thought about that, but thats a heavy piece of kit to haul around and if not secured well, a dangerous thing to have in an open vehicle (SUV or in my case wagon).

My OEM scissor jack is pretty stout and not that slow...however having a footprint, like a piece of metal or plastic to spread the load on dirt is key.

Like this FOOT PLATE...or a solid piece of 2x6.

Back