Really slow Today

Yeah, it's been really slow all day on my end....in fact it took literally 3-4 minutes to even load this page so I could reply.

Despite the dragnet speed of ST today, however, it's still better off than the ChasersForum, which has been down all day, at least on my end. Bad weekend for forums I guess.

It is slow on my end as well, so I sent Tim a routine e-mail to reboot the server at his earliest convenience.

Slow for me too. Very Slow. I thought it was an issue on my end. Glad to hear other experienced the same problems.

DDOS doesn't necessarily have to be directed at ST to affect it. If it's a shared server, another site on the same box could be a target, or another site on the same backbone could be chewing up all of the network resources - eating bandwidth or choking a switch. If it goes away with a reboot, then it could just be some script/cron job got hung up in a loop.

I really hope it gets worked out soon, I just got my registration accepted a few days ago and I can barely use the site with the slow page loads. But still, this site is great either way :D

Still horribly slow....might want to turn that email into a phone call. Also thinking about the irony of the "Post Quick Reply" button when I post this.

Was very slow all weekend for me, and even worse today. Took longer to get here to post this reply than it did to check 3-4 other websites I normally look in on.

Back