Possible artic air for Cowboys game

Jason A.C. Brock

Altho no precip except for a 20% of a shower are expected for this weekends Cowboys game at Texas Stadium I was wonderig when soe of the folks with more experience or some of the local meteorologists in the DFW area might know whe the cold front will arrive at Texas Stadium for Saturday night. I have tickets and am wodering if I should dresss for temsp in the 60s or 50s or in the 30s. Looks like the front could srrive during the game so bringing a jacket with soe gloves and a hat in the pockets might be an idea. I was also wondering if anyone knew If a small video camera is allowed in the stadium. I am guessing no but its the final regular season game to be played there and it will only be on NFL Network. I am also bringing a small AM/FM radio walkman along with some good binocs.. I dont want to videotape the whole game since I want to actually watch it and enjoy the game but it would be cool to get maybe 30 minutes of video of the opening and ending along with some of the old players they will be bringing back for the game.
I may also be a dork and take a piece of gravel from the parking lot :p. Its not Yankee stadium but it is the home to the most successful franchise in NFL histroy....Only the Steelers and 49ers have won as many superbowls and nobody has been to as many superbowls. A piece of NFL histroy for sure. The new stadium will set the benchmark for stadiums in the future and will be beautiful but it will be sad to say goodbye to the greasy floored stadium with the whole in the roof.
The new stadium will be the future site to NCAA basketball championships....the cottonbowl....major college football games and the first superbowl ever in Dallas. Might even be future site of the Olympics.
Just wondering if I should bundle up....not so much....prepare for both......
Thx
Jay

I'd dress for the upper 50's to lower 60's during pregame and prepare for mid 40's for post game. Just my amateur opinion. Have fun at the game.

EDIT: Wow, I forgot to mention that I looked a little deeper at the latest CSO run (cowboy soap opera) and it shows a 50% chance of sprinkles in the area around TO's eyelids and cheekbones shortly after the game. It also shows a progression of warm air advection spewing from the lips of TO shortly before transitioning to all rain. Finally, the model run is hinting at FIRE(d) wx conditions in the next 2-3 week time frame.

Did this all in fun. Seriously, have fun at the game!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah T.O. is a mess....I was about as disapointed with them getting him as I was with them getting Sanders....but ya cant say they arent good players.....jsut shut up and play. Im more of a watch at home kinda guy but this ones the last game ever at the old stadium and also on stupid NFL network. Never a bad thing to see Americas Sweethearts tho. :) I actually had a good friend who was a cheerleader for a few years....too bad she isnt anymore....maybe could have cut me a deal on tickets. ;-)
The tickets tho are special edition and they wot be tearing them. They are frameable and may be worth more then i paid for them some day. I also have full ticket stub from the day Emmitt broke the all time rushing record and also from Nolan Ryans 7th no hit game. Im sure ill get a Dallas morning news and some current football cards fro the team and frame them with the ticket. Also can get an autographed pic of this years cheerleader squad to go alog with it perhaps from my former girl who wore the uniform.
Thx for the info....I think ill dress and or wear layers and can go from there. We will be staying for the post game where every surviving member of the ring of honor will be there along with 100 former players.
Just hope they win the game lol......i predict....18-10 cowboys....their defense may be the best its been in 15 years.
Im seeing Dallas go to playoffs and win their wildcard game but lose to the panthers perhaps in the Divisional round.

Back