Photog Looking For Group To Chase With

Ben Nehring

Enthusiast
Hi! My name is Ben Nehring. I am a full time photographer based off the island of Kauai in Hawaii. I am originally from the midwest and spent a few years living in the south. I have storm chased as an amateur for 15 years, but nothing on the scale that I am sure most of you do.

Most of what I have done in the past has been chasing lightning photography and as a hobby it was fun. This year though I am really hoping to add to my portfolio with some truly great shots. I am currently trying to piece together a two week trip to the mainland to chase and focus fully on just storm photography.

Now I am not an amateur photographer. I do this full time and have a strong knowledge base and all the gear a person would need. What I am looking for is a group to tag along with and some how contribute. I am new to this, so not quite sure how it all works. I will pay my own way and carry my own weight. I'm not afraid to take orders and am not scared easily.

Honestly any guidance would be greatly appreciated. If you happen to be part of an experienced storm chasing group who could use an experienced photographer, I will gladly work something out. Please feel free to check out my website and work and if I completely miss judged that this is the place for this, just say so and I will check some other avenues. Thanks for your time.

Ben Nehring - www.BensViewfinder.com

Hi Ben and welcome to Storm Track!

I think the best way to connect would be in the 2016 Chase Partner thread.

I do have to say, some amazing photos, especially of multnomah falls and horseshoe bend. Both amazing places.

BTW If you decide to come out in 17 instead of 16, I would toss myself out there as a candidate. 2016 is strapped for now for me, as I've got very limited PTO from knee surgery I had earlier in the year.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words. Chasing lightning photographs isn't super dangerous so I have never minded doing it alone. I simply avoid tornado producing storms as much as possible. But getting great super cell shots and possible tornados requires a knowledge and experience I don't feel comfortable doing alone. That is what started me out trying to find a group to tag along with.

Back