Paducah meteorologist, husband facing marijuana charges

Steve Miller

Owner Emeritus
Staff member
Supporter
http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Me...-arrested-on-marijuana-charges-369048651.html

PADUCAH, Ky. (WKYT) -
A local meteorologist at a Paducah TV station was arrested on Tuesday along with her husband after state police found marijuana and multiple weapons inside their home.

According to Kentucky State Police Victoria Shaw Smoyer, 32, and Tyler Smoyer, 35 were both charged with cultivating marijuana, firearm enhanced, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Tori Shaw is listed as a weekend meteorologist on the website for WPSD-TV in Paducah.

State Police say they responded to the couple's home and were able to gain enough evidence to obtain a search warrant for the residence.

Troopers found five marijuana plants, six long guns, two pistols, eight storage boxes of ammunition, a tactical vest and multiple items used to cultivate marijuana inside the home. Troopers also found two more marijuana plants discarded in a trash can behind the residence.

So what exactly is "firearm enhanced"?

I live in CO, to this is funny. The building across the street from where I work has many thousands of marijuana plants in it. I'm also a quick stroll from at least two retail weed shops, should that be my preference..which it is not.

So what exactly is "firearm enhanced"?

I live in CO, to this is funny. The building across the street from where I work has many thousands of marijuana plants in it. I'm also a quick stroll from at least two retail weed shops, should that be my preference..which it is not.

Basically, if you have guns in the same place you grow weed they can automatically charge you with the weapons, too, even if they have no evidence that you did anything malicious with them. Justice bro.

So the Second Amendment doesn't apply if you have pot? As a resident of Colorado, where marijuana has been legal for two years and nothing terrible has happened (but lots of good things like more tourism and more income for the state), I find the whole idea of incidents like this incomprehensible.

So the Second Amendment doesn't apply if you have pot? As a resident of Colorado, where marijuana has been legal for two years and nothing terrible has happened (but lots of good things like more tourism and more income for the state), I find the whole idea of incidents like this incomprehensible.

I can see "use of a firearm in the commission of a felony" if someone is well, using said firearm to commit said felony. This isn't the case here, unless the pot plants were being held hostage at gunpoint...

"One more step, copper, and the plant gets it straight in the bud!"

Sheeeiiittt....back in the day I flew.....ummm,......nahhh....I'd better not. But, suffice it to say ......nahhhh....I know the statute of limitations protects me now, but I'm gonna shut my mouth. True story, however. Very true. The bottom line....busted with five plants?.............FIVE PLANTS?? We should all thank God that pair is off the streets,

The bottom line....busted with five plants?.............FIVE PLANTS?? We should all thank God that pair is off the streets,

Oh and lets not even get into how many tax dollars were wasted on surveilling and setting up this ultra-fruitful raid.. There was a story out of Wichita not too long ago touting some 2 month sting to bust this guy "smuggling" pot from Colorado.. The grand haul had an estimated street value of... Wait for it.... $2,000! That's what, like 4 ounces? I mean, come on. There's low hanging fruit and then there's ridiculously lazy.

Back