NWS Bulletins on iOS

rdale

EF5
I'm a big fan of the Weather Informant app from 911 Weather and wanted to post a little review... Basically any NWS text product is available not just for viewing - but alerting, and even archived products...

From the description:

Weather Informant allows streamlined access and push notification of all NOAA National Weather Service forecast, watches, advisories, warnings observations, statements and discussions from all 122 Weather Forecast Offices and six specialty centers. This is the only application that allows access to all NWS products. It is quite simply NWS in an app ! The redundant database processes approximately 19,500 products per day.

-All NOAA National Weather Service text forecasts, statements, discussions, observations, tables, matrices, collectives, watches, advisories and warnings
-Valid Time Event Code (VTEC) displayed for all hazard products
-View up to 72 hours of previous products (swipe)
-Identifies your local NWS office based on current location (GPS).
-Browse by individual NWS Office
-Browse by active hazard type
-Add favorites for any product
-Customized favorites by product type, NWS office and keyword search
-Enable push notification of any product favorite
- Customized alert sounds
-Favorite keywords are highlighted for easy viewing
-Pinch zoom or zoom in and out

I've attached a few screenshots to show how it can be used. I always have my local AFD's in the mix, but don't have them set to alert me (the green button is inactive.) But I do want to know when they issue an update, so you can see it's enabled. Also I have a MODERATE risk in the DY1 set to trigger, and a HIGH threat in the tropics.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

You can change font sizes, and just click the bottom bar to go back to older/newer products.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2112.jpg
    IMG_2112.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_2109.jpg
    IMG_2109.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_2110.jpg
    IMG_2110.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_2111.jpg
    IMG_2111.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_2116.jpg
    IMG_2116.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 151
The alert part of this app broke - and the development team is no longer with the company so the owner reached out for some help. Anyone have insight?

"Do you know how to submit a push notification certificate for an iOS app ? It could be as simple as renewing the Apple iOS push notification “certificate”. I tried doing it, but it’s obviously not pushing and Apple is no help."

The alert part of this app broke - and the development team is no longer with the company so the owner reached out for some help. Anyone have insight?

"Do you know how to submit a push notification certificate for an iOS app ? It could be as simple as renewing the Apple iOS push notification “certificate”. I tried doing it, but it’s obviously not pushing and Apple is no help."

I guess I won't be forking up the $10/year to subscribe to it then until that is fixed..

The app has been fixed - and it's a "must have" if you want NWS bulletins (all of them) sent to you directly.

And definitely worth the cost :)

Back