NOAA Weather Radio - All Hazards distribution to non-public schools

NOAA Weather Radio - All Hazards distribution to non-public schools

I think this is a fabulous idea! Will it make a huge difference? I doubt it. It's a start though..... What are your guys thoughts on this? You think it is a good idea to distribute radios to schools? I know it will only be the administration that has use to these radios (if I read that correctly) but at least you'll know your school or district is prepared

I wish the NWS had more funding as a whole so that at county festivals or events the NWS spokespeople there could hand out weather radios instead of pamphlets. It is a pipe dream.

Creating more awareness is never a bad idea.

We've had NOAA Weather Radios operational in our central district office and each of the four attendance centers since I've been employed.

I used to have my little Oregon Scientific portable unit in my classroom, but the whiners managed to get that removed because they're scared of storms.

In my experience, it is indeed the administration that is responsible for initiating the severe weather safety procedures as necessary. Most schools just allow the individual building principals to initiate the procedure, rather than wasting time having the central office coordinate that task for the entire school.

Back