My annual call for SKYWARN video

I'm officially making my annual request for skywarn video to be used in live, free, classes I'll be teaching next year.

I'm particularly interested in footage showing look-alikes that can be contrasted with other footage of similar-looking but significant features. If if's something that might confuse spotters and generate false reports I'd like to show it.

I'm needing footage of storm features over time and distances --as a storm might appear to either a stationary spotter or perhaps a mobile spotter approaching the storm from a non-standard direction. If any of you chase in teams or have footage as part of V2 that show the same storm more or less simultaneously from different angles that would be a big help to me. Time-lapse footage (or footage I can turn into time-lapse) is always a big help.

Safety-related footage is another must. This includes dangerous behavior (too fast, too close, too anything) road hazards, power lines down, and such. Basically if it's something that could hurt or kill a spotter or a member of the public I can use it in the talks.

Night footage can be helpful if 1) there's enough in the video to see and 2) if I have a venue I'm presenting at is willing to/capable of turning down the house lights enough for the audience to see the video.

Audio or video including well-run ham radio networks but also spotters making not so good reports. Don't worry, I'll blank out call signs to protect the innocent. I think it's good to show both good and bad examples --not just one type or the other.

I'm also always in search of new ideas to talk to spotters about. So if you have any thoughts I'd like to hear them. I've been doing talks for more than 25 years now and want to make sure I'm still addressing areas people need to know about.

I'm keeping my request short his year but hope a few of you will have something I can use. If so, contact me here via PM or at my e-mail [email protected].

Thanks in advance.

..Chris..

Back