• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Looking for some people to chase with.

Come hell or high water, I'm finally going chasing this year. I've been a storm spotter/weather nut for many years, but I'm far from an actual meteorologist (I'm more of an engineer).

Anyways, this lead me to the realization that I really need to find some other people who actually know what they are doing if I have any chance of seeing a tornado this year.

Now I'm currently located in Denver CO, but I'm moving back to Peoria IL on April 15th. If anyone does in fact want to chase with my sorry ass, you don't necessarily have to be located in either of these places.

I'll drive out to the action and meet up with a single individual, or I may even join a sort of sudo multi-vehicle chase team (I'm also a Technicial level HAM if anyone cares [KF0IGL]).

Anyways, if any other amateurs want to join me, (Actual professionals probably don't want anything to do with me) just PM me.

Here’s the 2022 one. Hopefully the MODS will change the title of this thread for consistency and to facilitate searching on the site,

I'm also looking for a chaser or chase crew to ride with, so I'll have a chance to get storm photos and video. Took my initial Skywarn training in 2011, and currently trying to finish some advanced courses online, thru MetEd. I'm currently working at the Grand Canyon, attempting to save enough money to be able to do this. I have no problems with driving, or helping with some expenses. I'm not young, anymore...and this is one thing that's still on my "to do" list. If anyone is willing to let me ride along for a week or two, send a message to my inbox. Thanks.

Here’s the 2022 one. Hopefully the MODS will change the title of this thread for consistency and to facilitate searching on the site,

James,

what time frame are you heading out to chase, are you free pretty much any time now since your remote working fulltime?

James,

what time frame are you heading out to chase, are you free pretty much any time now since your remote working fulltime?

Hi Jason, not really sure yet, even though I am working remote, I may still do a traditional two week trip (probably a week on either side of Memorial Day weekend) because I will be with my long-time chase partner (who missed 2020, 2021 and 2022) and my son.

Not sure if you thought I was looking for chase partners this year, but since I will be with my friend and my son, I am not… I was just posting the link to the 2022 thread because Warren said there was an existing “chase partner“ thread, and Jack said he hadn’t seen one…

Hi Jason, not really sure yet, even though I am working remote, I may still do a traditional two week trip (probably a week on either side of Memorial Day weekend) because I will be with my long-time chase partner (who missed 2020, 2021 and 2022) and my son.

Not sure if you thought I was looking for chase partners this year, but since I will be with my friend and my son, I am not… I was just posting the link to the 2022 thread because Warren said there was an existing “chase partner“ thread, and Jack said he hadn’t seen one…

haha no worries! , that's great that you'll have a team out there with you to enjoy it! Apologies if I misunderstood your post.

Back