Interesting: Phocus 2.5 is free from Hasselblad for Windows or Mac

Passing this along to my Stormtrack brethren (especially the Mac users out there, but a Windows version is also available):

A high-end Photo processing application for free? Yep: Phocus 2.5 from Hasselblad. You need some pretty serious hardware specs to take advantage of it, but it seems to be getting some rave reviews.

Significant is the Mac version's support for 150 cameras (like Aperture 3) taking advantage of Mac OS X's built-in camera support architecture. Not sure what (how many) cameras are supported in the Windows version. Maybe somebody with a beefy system can install it and let us know?

Considering Aperture 3 is a $200 program, it would be interesting to see what a Mac user thinks of it. Unfortunately, I don't have an Intel-based Mac yet, so someone out there will have to give us their impressions. (When you do, please tell us your hardware specs, RAM, etc.)

Passing this along to my Stormtrack brethren (especially the Mac users out there, but a Windows version is also available):

A high-end Photo processing application for free? Yep: Phocus 2.5 from Hasselblad. You need some pretty serious hardware specs to take advantage of it, but it seems to be getting some rave reviews.

Significant is the Mac version's support for 150 cameras (like Aperture 3) taking advantage of Mac OS X's built-in camera support architecture. Not sure what (how many) cameras are supported in the Windows version. Maybe somebody with a beefy system can install it and let us know?

Considering Aperture 3 is a $200 program, it would be interesting to see what a Mac user thinks of it. Unfortunately, I don't have an Intel-based Mac yet, so someone out there will have to give us their impressions. (When you do, please tell us your hardware specs, RAM, etc.)

Thanks Darren.. I'll pass this on to my clients!

Back