• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

I love my New Canon 80D!

I just picked one up and it is very impressive. Video is outstanding (still no 4K) but the feature I am most excited about is shooting time lapse and having it stitched together in camera.

I must agree with you here. I've had mine a few weeks and am still learning tons seeing as it's my first DSLR. The time lapse function is definitely amazing - and battery life far exceeded my expectations.

This is great news that you both are enjoying the 80D. I don't have a DSLR yet (just a smartphone) but am researching different cameras for photography and it seems like the 80D might be it!

Doug the 80D is a great camera. Would highly recommend it, especially if you're just beginning. I've thought of getting one for video purposes and ditching the traditional camcorders.

If you are looking to spend some money on glass anyway with the 80D, you may also consider just getting the Full Frame 6D which is only a couple hundred more than the 80D.

I have both the 6D and 80D, and love them both. They do serve different purposes for me, as the 6D usually takes care of portraiture and landscape shots. The 80D leverages my 150-600 Tamron glass (1.6x crop factor) for nature/bird photography. I haven't used the time lapse function yet, but look forward to doing so.

Back