How to post full photos up

Been seeing some people asking how to post photos up on the board, so thought I'd just show you how to.

First off, find a good image hosting site. There's tons of free ones out there (Photobucket, tinypic, imageshack) and upload your pics (I personally use Smugmug). I don't think vBulletin has an automatic resizing feature that phpBB3 has, so you'll probably want to select a size smaller than the original (somewhere around 1028x768 is pretty standard and adequate.) Also don't just link your photo from your facebook account since sometimes that requires users to have Facebook and be friends with you, which most of us may not be.

Secondly, after the picture is uploaded, copy the Direct Image Link. It'll end in the extension of what type of image it is (.jpeg, .jpg, .png, .tga, etc...) and should look something like this: http://thetxwxchaser.smugmug.com/We...y-24-2010/i-nx9Gpqq/0/XL/102_4583_copy-XL.jpg

Finally, in the thread you want to post in, you'll want to type this into your post where you want the pics:

Paste your image link in between the first ] and the second [. When successful, your post should look like this
url]
. Just make sure there's no spaces in there whatsoever. So I remove the spaces, you'll get this:

102_4583_copy-XL.jpg

Voila, your picture should be in your post. You can do this everytime you want a picture posted in your post. Just thought I'd help out those not familiar with how to post pics in the forums.

Marcus-- There must have been a change fairly recently, because the first few years I posted, I did not have to go through all that. It was a simple browse from my files, and it showed up on the site just fine. Ah......technology sure is wonderful!:(:rolleyes:

Back