High Dynamic Range Camera question?

I am really wanting to get into HDR photography. I am not a pro by any means. I want to buy a higher end camera than my old Rebal 8 megapix. I have researched alittle. It looks like some cameras will shoot a series of bracketed shots in one quick burst. I would be using a tripod of coarse and probably a cabled plunger button. Wouldnt that be quicker and less chance of camera shake? Any ideas on which camera has this "bracket burst" feature? Does any Canon's do this. I know the Sony Alpha 900 does...but it is $3000 without a lens. I would like to spend about half that.

The Nikon d300 (still spendy) will do 9 frames a second
My d80 will bracket, but it must be done manually. You set it to take different exposures in bracketing mode, but you must hit the shutter 3 times

I don't think any of the Canon models will bracket more than 3 exposures. Some of the better Nikon models will do 9+.

A lot of the time you can get away with just three, though. Even your Rebel should be able to do a good job if you are shooting RAW.

I shoot with a D200 Nikon. It has a 9 Frame Bracketing option....Very quick! Also you can change the spread of the EV values from a small spread to a large spread.

I use Photomatix Pro 3.0 for my processing. I love that software!! I have tried to make an HDR image in Photoshop with multi-layering and Masks, and just about ripped my hair out. I tried out the Photomatix with the Tone Mapping and was just blown away!

Anyways, that just my opinion. I have also Manually shot each exposure...Pain in the ass if you ask me though.

Back