Hail guard and laptop holder for free (until 10th June)

Miroslav Provod

Enthusiast
We are stormchasers from Europe, returning on 10th June. We have an all-window hail guard designed for Dodge Grand Caravan (see images below, or my media at https://stormtrack.org/community/media/hail_guard.1235/#media). Due to costs related to excess and overweight baggage, it would be more expensive for us to take it home with us than to build a new one for next year. I don't want to just throw it away and therefore I am offering it for free to the first person who contacts me and who can arrange to meet before we depart. In addition, I have a laptop holder, also for a Dodge Grand Caravan, which I can give together with the hail guard for free. We are planning to be in Minneapolis/St. Paul in Minnesota next Saturday morning (10th June) and our flight departs around 5pm the same day from Minneapolis. Best plan would be to meet somewhere near Minneapolis on Saturday, but we will drive to Minneapolis on Friday from wherever the last storms the day before are, so can meet with someone on the way. If you are interested, please reply to this thread, or you can email to [email protected], or [email protected] or call or text to +420602294263. The hail guard covers all windows, except the rear window, for which we use other protection. The guard can be attached to the rails on top of the vehicle and is easily adaptable to other vehicles (currently we are using it on Nissan Pathfinder, as shown in the 2nd image, since our Dodge was hit by a truck in zero visibility while hook slicing). Regarding the side-window guards, we are not using them on the Nissan and therefore can give them anytime from now if someone is targeting the same area as we are (not that there is much to target next week, but we'll probably chase whenever there is even a minor chance of supercells). If you have more questions just let me know.

hail_guard.1235

dsc00315.1234

"It's unfortunate I do not have a car or live near there, I wouldn't mind picking this up from you."

I'm chasing in New Mexikco right now. If you were nearby or had someone to pick it up, I could leave the laptop stand with them.

"It's unfortunate I do not have a car or live near there, I wouldn't mind picking this up from you."

I'm chasing in New Mexikco right now. If you were nearby or had someone to pick it up, I could leave the laptop stand with them.

Are you coming to Michigan? I have friends in Flint Michigan who would hold onto it and get it to me.

Are you coming to Michigan? I have friends in Flint Michigan who would hold onto it and get it to me.

We aren't coming to Michigan, but we have left the equipment we can't take at the following hotel in NW Minnesota: 416 Valley St, Hawley, MN 56549. Their phone number is: (218) 483-4458

A very friendly lady was happy to keep it there for about 2 weeks until another chaser picks it up. What we left there: The complete hail guard for wind shield and side windows, as in the pictures, a laptop stand (both hail guard and laptop stand designed for Dodge Grand Caravan/Chrysler Grand Voyager, but hail guard easily adaptable to other vehicles with some simple DYI). We also left 8 fix-a-flat sprays to quickly fix minor punctures and an empty plastic gas can. If you or someone can pick it up for you, just call the motel and arrange with them to pick everything or part of it up. However, if you can't pick it up, please let me know and I will make a new thread so other chasers know about it.

Back