GR2Analyst 3 question on map background

hsteiger

Enthusiast
To Whom It May Concern:

I am currently evaluating the new version of GR2Analyst 3 for possible purchase (hopefully just an upgrade from GR2Analyst 2 version
for me).

For many years using the previous version, I obtained a different map background (from somewhere) and was able to ingest it into
GR2Analyst. The background is the "topo usa brown enhanced" one. And the file name along with the required LON and LAT values to
define the size of the map (lower 48 states) was entered in the GIS/Settings/Background entries.

In GR2Analyst 3, I do not see these entries for a person to enter and use their desired map background.

Is there someone that can give me directions on how to do this?

Thanks.

Henry Steigerwaldt
Email: [email protected]
Retired SOO from OHX since 2012

Hi Henry,

The ability to upload backgrounds has not been around since version 1 on both GR3 and GR2/GR2AE, I believe ( someone please correct me if that is in error). You can either use a solid color background or the included satellite data you download when you look at a radar site.

Thanks much John for your reply, but I hope (fingers crossed) you are wrong. But from the program's
interface, the option is not the same as it was years ago. So it looks pretty certain that you are indeed
correct.

It's been a long time since I wrote up information about how to use GR2Analyst for our forecasters.
I am not even certain which version we purchased for the office back in 2007-2008.

I wonder if Mike Gibson might include a change to the most recent version to allow users to again
use their own map backgrounds for importation.

Anyway, thanks again for your response.

Henry Steigerwaldt
Hermitage, TN

@hsteiger If you haven't posted this question to the GRLevelX.com Owner Forum, you should: GRLevelX.com Owner Forum • Index page

Hello Randy. I posted my question on GRLevelX Owner Forum first. Then I thought I'd also post the same thing here on Stormtrack
too, in case someone might have something to share as well.

The best suggestion I received on GRLevelX Owner Forum was this one which I tried and like (but it's not a topo background)...
Go to...GIS > Settings > BMNG/Landsat Colors, then enter these settings...

Brightness 85
Contrast 100
Saturation 0
Red/Green/Blue gamma 125 each

Take care.
Henry

Back