Getting the Dashmounted to Stick Again

So last year I got a dash mount for my Samsung tablet. I have a new vehicle so I want to transfer it over. It's one of those suction cups with a little bit of sticky stuff that you seal on to the dash with a leaver. It won't really stick anymore. Does anybody else have this problem? What did you do to solve it? I don't exactly want to glue the dashmount to the dash. And, I don't want to buy another one even though they're fairly cheap. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Stormtrack mobile app

The iOttie that I use I just wash the suction cup with soapy water and it works again.

It depends. I had an old dashcam mounted in the window for 3 years, and when I removed it, the suction cup had hardened to the point that it would not stick again. I tried flexing it and the plastic cracked! I think if it's been in the window exposed to the sun for long enough, the material permanently loses its flexibility. I wouldn't think that would happen in a year, though.

If you use a RAM arm mount, with two screws through the dash (making sure that nothing underneath gets damaged), results in the most stable mounting you will ever have.

Back