Firefox: All my submissions are deemed "too short"

Weird thing happening to me lately that seems to affect Firefox (WIN) only. Any post I try to make now says: The following errors occured with your submission: 1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 20 characters.

This is an invalid message, as it occurs on any submission, not just those that are to short. I can post fine from IE7, but I just feel so degraded from being forced to use IE for anything. :eek:

Has there been some change to the vBulletin code base or configs recently? Anybody else experiencing this?

I never trusted Firefox after the claims were made of it being spyware. If that is true or not - I don't know. The version I used started out running quick as a bunny, but got progressively slower and slower. Never was able to fix it. It always acted a bit buggy to me, so I went back to IE7. Did your Firefox file get corrupted? Any other compliants like yours found online?

BTW-I'm using Windows Internet Explorer 8 that had been recently released. On my 32 bit O/S, it runs three times faster than IE7 ever did. Nice! But, on my bro's 64 bit O/S, it runs slow and choppy.

Well, Firefox registers javascript errors just loading the home page:

javascript_err_homepage.png

And more just loading this thread. (Errors cleared before this):
javascript_load_thread_err.png

More errors when I just mouse over the formatting buttons in the wysiwyg editor:

javascript_wysiwyg_err.png

Clear the errors and try to send a 20 character plus message results in this:
javascript_submit_err.png

At least I'm not crazy. There are problems in the javascript, at least with Firefox 3.0.10. What version are you using, Jim?

EDIT: The "YAHOO is undefined" is pretty funny in the context of this forum. :)

I never trusted Firefox after the claims were made of it being spyware. If that is true or not - I don't know. The version I used started out running quick as a bunny, but got progressively slower and slower. Never was able to fix it. It always acted a bit buggy to me, so I went back to IE7. Did your Firefox file get corrupted? Any other compliants like yours found online?

BTW-I'm using Windows Internet Explorer 8 that had been recently released. On my 32 bit O/S, it runs three times faster than IE7 ever did. Nice! But, on my bro's 64 bit O/S, it runs slow and choppy.

Rob, those claims were made by people who were infected via Java from some security exploit, it would be hard for Firefox to be spyware with out a real huge backlash from Tech hobbyists and professionals as Firefox's source code is open to the public.

Darren by chance do you have NoScript and forgot to whitelist stormtrack? I know this happens to me some times on websites. (what no strike out BB code?) never mind just tested it my self and I could still post.
Did you try clearing your cache?

Firefox being spyware? Whoever claimed that had no clue what they were talking about. THat or they were just spreading FUD.

FF 3 is many times faster than IE 7 or IE 8 on loading the same pages. Chrome and Safari are even faster with the newest version of Webkit.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm guessing it is some sort of conflict with a Firefox extension that I have installed (I have several) so I will try to uninstall them one by one and see if the problem goes away.

Back