El Reno tornado videos thread

As the El Reno tornado is the centre of gravity of many discussions and thoughts, I find useful and interesting to share and post here all our videos of it with the purpose of creating a "little box" containig all the movies. It would be interesting if we wrote few lines with our story of that day.
I start linking my own youtube video of the El Reno tornado.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrFMnH3BC48

As regards me and my chasing group we arrived quite early under the first base of the supercell and we saw the first meso dying and reorganizing in the El Reno tornado mesocyclone.
In few minutes a ominous white wall cloud formed just half mile from us and it became tornadic quickly. In the meanwhile another parallel meso spawned another small tornado. You can see the first stage of the wall cloud and the little tornado here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTAmDdkFcPQ

The white wall cloud become huge and with a incredible rotational force.
We rapidly moved ahead of it and we saw the multivortex tornado coming down: it already presented a strange movement; when I looked at the tornado I realized that it started moving toward me and my friends very quickly and as we were quite close we decided to not keep going east and we came back west and then south.
When we returned in line with the supercell we got an incredible queue near Union City: a mass exodus did fill up the roads and we looked north seeing the EF5 monster tornado going east.

After the queue ended we decided to abandon the El Reno tornado as it was too dangerous and we come back as a new supercell was hooking up near Minco and we got another queue. The road was blocked by a sceriff for an unknow reason. A wall cloud was forming close to Minco with a strong TVS without warning and it was in line with the city.
As we could speak with the sceriff he realized the danger and sirens went off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back