• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Edit post option?

The options to edit or delete my posts disappear whenever someone else replies to the thread or even "likes" the post. This is annoying because I just want to fix a simple typo.

If something weird is going on with it let me know. It may appear that something is afoot but the only setting I know of is to enable the option and for how long in the permissions.

As far as I'm concerned (@Mark Blue, please correct me if you disagree with this), if you have a compelling need to alter a post after the 4-hour limit, please contact a staff member and request the change to your post. Be precise about what language you want changed and what the new language should be. If the staff member approves, your post can be changed.

But we (the staff) will be judicious about which requests we approve - requests involving some kind of CYA reasoning or to change your stance on an argument, for example, will not likely be approved; in such cases, you would need to make a new post renouncing the old post.

Back