Economy windsheild mount

In a time when every penny counts I have decided to pass on a few hints to those chasers looking to construct a windsheild camcorder/ camera mount and wide angle lens on the cheap;
My old windscreen suction mount was looking a bit warn this year and rather than part with another $80.00 or more I decided to grab a few bits from ebay to do exactly the same job. Gooseneck $5.33.00 and swivel ball head $5.15.
I suppose I am lucky in that my camcorder is pretty light but all in all I found the Gooseneck Tripod Holder with swivel ball head strong enough to gain that distance from the windsheild to get a level view. I have tested it and it seems to work OK. The trick is to drop the suction cup down low on the windsheild with the goosneck resting on the passanger dashboard.The anti shake mode on most modern day camcorders should do the rest.
In addition to this I have super glued a step up ring onto the front lense to accomodate a wide angle lens as per photo. Reasoning here is that I have already done the long distance landscape photo's for storm structure for the past 13 years and prefer to now sit under/ close to the wall cloud. I therefore tend to grab the camcorder rather that the camera as a rule. I nevertheless find that the capture spread of the camcorder a bit restricted so I have added the wide angle lens to accommodate this. Seems to work pretty well. Step up ring around $4.00 and wide angle lens $20.00.(Yes on EBAY, again)
CamcorderPositioncopy_zps88346644.jpg

LensStepUpcopy_zpsd73dc0a8.jpg

bth_Wideanglelenscopy_zps685b8aed.jpg

Attachments

• Camcorder Position copy.jpg
    Camcorder Position copy.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 53
  • outside view.jpg
    outside view.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Lens Step Up copy.jpg
    Lens Step Up copy.jpg