DVD "STORMSTRUCK" For Sale or Trade

I have put together a compilation of video from a few of my better chases from the 07 & 08 seasons. It's far from professional work, though I think it will have some appeal to chasers and weather fanatics. My goal was merely to provide a method to share with others some of what I was able to experience while chasing some of the plains most fierce storms. The DVD has plenty of tornadoes, EF-0's through EF-4's tornadoes of all shapes and sizes and also includes some video of large hail, I prefer "action" chasing, and that will show in the video, despite a time lapse here and there, the video doesn't contain a lot of distant tripoded shots, much of the video is reasonably close and intense. When possible I would like to trade my DVD for other chasers DVD's, though for those who don't have a DVD to trade, the DVD can be purchased for $17.95 S&H Free. I have the editing complete, and am currently awaiting the arrival of the DVD cases. I will have some DVD's ready to ship early next week, to receive yours early you can pre-order now. Please see the link below for a description and list of days on the DVD...

http://severechase.com/dvd.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Dustin's collection of 2008 videos were great! One of the things I enjoyed about his DVD is his view of many of the same storms I was on during the year. Namely March 30, April 24, May 22, May 23, May 29. The video clips were great and he has some terrific clips of the same tornadoes I saw that his angle provided a much different and often closer view. His ventures with mud roads seemed to ring the overall theme for the 2008 season for many chasers, and he touches on that several times. His May 22 and May 29 footage was absolutely amazing and was by far my favorite part of the DVD. He also includes a few chapters from the 2007 season which took me back to a year of frustration, but he shows a few of the highlights. His extra segment of stills is great and really reminds me why I bought an expensive DSLR! Production of the DVD was good and very professional.

I enjoyed the DVD and recommend checking it out yourself. Again, the May 22 and May 29 chapters are worth it all on its own!

GREAT OFFER ON DVD: Until further notice I will be offering a cheaper option to acquire my DVD's, you can now own my DVD for a discount price of $13.95 (Including Shipping), this discount price will get you the same DVD and same footage as the more expensive version, although the DVD will not come in the Standard DVD case with the Label, you will receive the DVD in a Jewel case and without a label. This cuts back on the time and costs of production for me, and I figured this may give some who care less about the fancy covers and what not, and are simply interested in the footage a more reasonable option. I know a lot of folks have the next chase season on their mind and try to save every penny in the off season; given I'm not out to make millions, (I just simply enjoy sharing my footage with others) I figured I would give fellow chasers the opportunity to see some exciting footage for a good price. This offer will not be available forever, and it is only available through the link here on StormTrack. I'm guessing you'll be hard pressed to find this much tornado action at a more reasonable price, again this $13.95 option will not be available for long!! The 13.95 Purchase option can be found here...

http://severechase.com/dvdST.html

During this time the $17.95 option with the Case and labels will still be available.

LOW RES PREVIEW

This is a great offer on a great DVD. Dustin's intensity level while chasing shows his true passion, and makes this entire DVD a storm chasing thrill ride. He does a great editing job leaving no downtime between insane storm moments.

Even though May 22nd was one of my better chasing days this year, Dustin's footage still leaves me jealous that I didn't make other decisions that day.

His May 22nd and May 29th footage are a steal alone at this price.

The "Generic" $13.95 Version will only be able for one more day, ending at Midnight Monday. After that time the "Full Version" with label and case will remain available for $17.95

Thanks to everyone who has purchased or traded for this DVD!!!

I really enjoyed watching this video. It contains excellent footage w/ some intense moments! I highly recommend it.

Dustin Wilcox offers a tasty collection of his best efforts throughout the past two seasons on "STORMSTRUCK", an enjoyable video from one of the newer chasers on the scene. A couple of things that stood out for me on this DVD were (1) the narrative overdubs that introduce each segment (I really like these and you don't see this feature too often in a chaser video) and (2) the fact that Dustin has to be one of the most successful chasers the past three years or so. Lots of high-profile events nailed, lots of tornadoes, and lots of excitement. My favorite scene is the late-day wedge/multiple vortex tornado from May 22. Dustin is all alone, on a country road in the middle of BFE, with a large tornado coming right at him. He's able to make a few minor position adjustments, and enjoy the spectacle as this large tornado whirls right by him, less than a mile away...probably much closer. You just don't get tornadic exclusives in 2008, especially on high-profile days...but Dustin pulls it off.

I've already watched it three times, and I forsee many more viewings before this one goes into the collection stack.

This is a GREAT chase video. Never hit the fast forward once. The chase vids I enjoy the most are those which are not "over polished" and make you feel like part of the chase. Dustin's editing style and shooting style really gives the viewer the excitement of what he was experiencing chase after chase. Good stuff....really good stuff.

Need a great place to spend all of the Income Tax refund you are getting?

I would strongly suggest buying a copy of the Stormstruck DVD that Dustin Wilcox put together for us. I'm sure you will say that it was money well spent when you finish viewing his work.

He has compiled a marvelous collection of up close footage of some very photogenic tornados from 2007 and 2008. He manages to get himself into some excellent positions to be able to capture the beauty of the storm buildups as well as what they produce. He has done a good job of creating interesting segments that have been edited to a length that keeps your interest in each one the whole time. It is a DVD that I am sure I will be watching many times over to see what I may have missed.

I recently viewed Dustin's highlights video for 2008-07 and enjoyed it from start to finish! Dustin is not afraid to get his tires dirty in order to get up close and personal with tornadoes. I found myself holding on for dear life several times! His video of several tornadoes on May 22, May 23 and May 29 of 2008 is flat-out spectacular. I was also envious of the nice storm structure that he shot in NW OK on May 4, 2007. "Stormstruck" moves along at a fast, and sometimes "frantic" pace, as weather conditions deteriorate rapidly in Dustin's vicinity! Congrats on a great chase season and a fine video!

Bill Reid

Back