Converting Wilson Wireless Cell Amp to Direct Connect

Has anyone ever wanted/tried to convert a wireless wilson cellular amp to a direct connect (cable) amplifier?

The connections into the amplifier seem like they may be a standard size that you can just unscrew the internal antenna and connect in a direct connect cable. Can anyone verify this is possible...and where can I buy the direct connect cable to my data card?

The wireless amplifier is a nice idea and it works well, but I feel like it could work better with a direct connect cable. I'd prefer not to have to buy a whole new amplifier.

You'd probably have to attenuate the signal big time as the gain is much higher on those than on direct connect amps. I have a direct connect amp myself though so I haven't tried it.

I've done a little research and it seems I may be better just buying a direct connect amp instead of trying to downconvert the wireless one.

I guess I'm just not convinced I'm getting much result from the wireless one. Sometimes it seems like I'm getting a better signal, and then other times I cant say I'm getting any improvement. For example, just north of Minneapolis where I live, theres one brief 2 mile dead spot in cell coverage. It doesn't matter if the amp is on or off, I still drop calls there. For such a brief dead spot it seems to me the amp should be able to handle that.

Can you quantify some results with your direct connect somehow?

Back