Clearing out my chaser gear...lots of goodies for sale

Now that I have a Jeep Wrangler (Sold my Subaru Outback Wagon yesterday) the setup I use for storm chasing needs to be redone. I'm clearing out my gear to make some cash to buy some new/different gear for my Jeep.

=======
Peak Reception "Rockies"Extreme Dual Band Amplifier. This is a "wired" version, meaning you plug a wire into a data card. You may need to buy a pigtail to match your data card if the one I send with it doesn't work for you. ( website ) : $250 new, I'll sell mine for $175 shipping included.

Cascade IVWA819 In Vehicle Dual Band Wireless Amplifier. This is the "wireless" version. Can handle 5-7 phones at once. I'll throw in an internal directional paddle style antenna as well as the default 'stick' style. (website) : $400 new, I'll sell mine for $300 shipping included.

SOLD - No-Drill, POD III RAM Laptop mount

Garmin Colorado 300 GPS, including USB cable so you can use with your laptop. (website) : $350-400 new, I'll sell mine for $275, shipping included.

SOLD - Kestral 4000 (orange)

Yeasu FT-8800R (dual-band ham radio) (website) : $400 new, I'll sell mine for $300, shipping included

Yeasu FT-1500M (2m ham radio) (website): discontinued, I'll sell mine for $125, shipping included.

Shipping CONUS, paypal preferred.

Pictures available upon request, but all the equipment is almost new.

-Tyler

Last edited by a moderator:
Good man for going with the Jeep and getting rid of the Subaru.

I'll send you a PM about the GPS.

I don't know yet :) Part of the fun of a new used car is rebuilding everything. I want to start from scratch...I may end up rebuying this stuff again...but I like my options open.

If you don't like the prices, make an offer.

-Tyler

If you don't like the prices, make an offer.

-Tyler

the prices look good to me...

Yaesu made a mistake when they ceased production on the FT-1500, It was the last single bander with a mini-din connector for packet (APRS) use. I have seen them sell as high as 200 dollars on eBay. At last count I have at least seven of them; when combined with a TinyTrac III or IV they make a great stand alone tracker. I keep one ready to go as a loaner or for use when I travel in another vehicle.

I also use them to monitor 2-meter activity in the area, both voice and APRS (our hospital network recieves a beacon once an hour from each location (16)).

BEWARE: The FT-1900 does not have the mini-din connector but is otherwise probably a good 2-meter only, rig comprable to the Kenwood TM-271.

FWIW, I became overloaded on the FT-1500's and sold two of them for $140.00.

That's exactly what I used the FT-1500 for. I have a KPC3+ and a TinyTrak that I could bundle (for a couple more bucks) with the FT-1500 if someone wants to play with APRS. You'd have everything you need other than an antenna.

That's exactly what I used the FT-1500 for. I have a KPC3+ and a TinyTrak that I could bundle (for a couple more bucks) with the FT-1500 if someone wants to play with APRS. You'd have everything you need other than an antenna.

Ohhh now I'd be interested in that. I've been wanting to do APRS just haven't had the time. PM me.

Back