ChaserTV Problems

Jeremy Den Hartog

I've been in contact with Steve already but I figured I would post this here to see if anyone has any ideas as to what may be the problem.

Basically I signed up for CTV a few days ago. I downloaded and installed Flash Media Encoder 3.2. I watched the setup video from CTV (many times actually) and copy and pasted my codes/URLs over and ensured there were no spaces. I configured Flash Media Encoder according to the directions but when I push 'connect' I get a 'failure to connect to primary server' error. At this point I contacted Steve and he checked things on his end and everything was working as it should. Next, I thought maybe my firewall was blocking things so I made sure to add Flash Media Encoder to the trusted app list. No luck, still the same error. Then I disabled both my firewall and antivirus completely and that still did not work and I received the same error. At this point I uninstalled Adobe Flash Encoder 3.2 and instead installed version 2.5. No luck, same error. I uninstalled 2.5 and reinstalled 3.2, again without success. I uninstalled and reinstalled my firewall, no luck. I've looked for solutions every possible way that I can think of and just can't seem to get this to work.

I should mention, what I'm doing is connecting an old Sony camcorder that has 'usb streaming' to be used with CTV. I have no problem with the camera to pc connection or getting video to show up in Flash Media Encoder (I use Webcam Max to capture the video). Really the only problem I'm having is it just won't connect to the server. I've also considered it may have something to do with the camcorder and/or webcam max so I tried just a basic USB webcam but that also did not work. Through my digging online I found that 'Windows Vista Home Premium' is not a supported OS for Flash Media Encoder. However, I have read that people are using it successfully. Is this the problem though? If it is, are there any other alternative programs that I can use?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Last edited by a moderator:
Contact Scott Bennett, nothing against Steve, but Scott is the guru when it comes to hooking you up. He will walk you through anything you need to know... shoot him a PM

I dont think you need webcammax. CTV works with just the media encoder so try using just that.

If you have vista you probably need to assign "administrative rights" to the programs, from what I hear that seems to fix allot of problems that people have. I assume you have working internet while you are attempting all of this.

If you are getting a can not connect to server error I would check for any spaces in your URL. I know I tested your setup yesterday and was streaming on it from my office. Although not the problem I am sure, I would pull out webcam max until you get a good stream. If you have an account on www.spotterchat.org jump in the room I am in their most of the waking hours and can help troubleshoot!

Thanks,

Scott

Ok, I got it working - I *think* the problem probably had something to do with my Linksys wireless router. Instead of using my home internet to test it online, I connected online the same way I do while chasing (by tethering my phone to my laptop) and it connected no problem to the server and I was able to stream. My guess is my router is blocking some needed ports. I would mess with trying to figure out exactly what the problem was with my router but I'm canceling my DSL internet anyway and will be just tethering my phone to go online (to save money)...

Anyhow, thanks guys for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back