Bill Paxton Dead at 61 - Confirmed

Steve Miller

Owner Emeritus
Staff member
Supporter
http://people.com/movies/bill-paxton-dead-complications-surgery-age-61/
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/bill-paxton-dead-61-article-1.2982645

Actor Bill Paxton, who starred in some of the biggest blockbusters of the ‘80s and ‘90s, has died, according to a report and a family statement. He was 61.

The actor died unexpectedly on Saturday due to complications from surgery.

He leaves behind a wife and two children.

The family said in a statement, “It is with heavy hearts we share the news that Bill Paxton has passed away due to complications from surgery.”

Dear chaser and weather community.

I am still stunned as I write this of the passing of Bill Paxton. There is no way to describe the way that I feel at this time. Because of Twister I am now the Seinor Storm Tracker For a Major market Station in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex KDFW FOX 4 Which I have been Tracking for them now almost 20 years come this March 2017. Bill Paxton and Twister gave me my StormTracking Career and that is something that I will cherrish forever !!!!!!!. I am sooo broken hearted for Bill's family and close friends and I will pray for them. I always thought that I would have had a chance to meet Bill in person and tell him what a Major impact he had on my life but sometimes I guess time runs out on us. To Bill Paxton I say this. God bless you Bill and Thank You for what you did for me all those years ago. I will keep Tracking and trying to save lives and watching the weather.
Shawn C.

Seinor Storm Tracker
FOX 4-WARN

"Weather Only On FOX 4"

In death, in the end, the spotters and chasers of the Midwest accepted him as one of their own, and paid tribute.

Witnessed.

Like a lot of third-wavers, I got my start because of Twister. I wasn't sad when Phillip Seymour Hoffman (Dusty) died with a needle in his arm, but this? Dying of a stroke after you had to get your heart fixed at the age of 61? That's too young, and from what I understand, he was a really cool, down-to-Earth guy.

His efforts in writing and trying to get backing for Twister ll was commendable and his care for the folks in Wichita was touching. Good man. Sad ending.

MidWest122-WX9TRS

Back