A Storm Chaser Wedding: Jon and Shawna Davies

After informing Darin Brunin and I back in late March of their engagement and "wedding plans," we were very honored when they invited us to a very special wedding today, which included several other chasers, including: Rick Schmidt, Doug Nelson, Jim Reed and crew, Rev. Aaron Blaser and his wife, Mike Phelps, Evan Bookbinder and several others I can not recall at this time (sorry...).

On June 19th, 2008 at exactly 5:30 p.m., Jon and Shawna Davies were married under a brilliant mammatus display just south of Manhattan, KS today, which overlooked the majestic Flint Hills. Congratulations and best wishes to them both!!!! It was a very memorable and unique wedding that every guest can attest to!

A couple of pictures (more later) of this gorgeous cermony are below...there was no shortage of cameras.

wedding21web.jpg

wedding18web.jpg

wedding16web.jpg

wedding10sweb.jpg

wedding13web-1.jpg

wedding22web.jpg

wedding23web.jpg

Congratulations Jon and Shawna!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've watched many a storm from that lookout, what an appropriate setting for the ceremony. Congrats!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to them! I had the pleasure of meeting them at the 2007 storm chaser convention in Denver. Genuine folks who sat down to talk to me and some friends about good times and life in general. I wish them all the best!!!

Congrats!

Hey you two beautiful Storm Chasers! Congrats from the whole SevereStudios family!

Back