4-15-06 Horton KS tornado

All,
I am looking for some data/info from the 4-16-06 tornadoes in northeastern KS. Most particularly the tornado near Horton KS. This would have been the same day as the Beatrice event and I know most chasers were up there, as I was, but after that event I moved south and filmed a couple tornadoes from within the city limits of Horton. One of which was a decent tornado.
I know there were not to many chasers on that storm but I seem to remember seeing a couple chasers sitting at the junction of HWY 73 and HWY 36. As is usual in the heat of the chase I do not remember who they were and did not get a chance to stop and talk with anyone.
Just wondering who they might have been and if they might have any data/pics/video

EDIT: I was going south on HWY 73 when I saw the first tornado southwest of me I am guessing 8-10 miles, it was on the ground for quite some time. After getting to Horton I witnessed the cycle about 5-8 minutes later and saw the second tornado to the northwest of me. Please see attached map that I pulled from OAX. It was not on the ground long but it was multi vortex and had an amazing backlight to it.
I am searching for pics/data of this event for a possible case study regarding SRM and left split type storms. If I remember correctly this was tail end charley and the supercell formed off a split but did not go a full 90 degrees to the flow.
Anways, let me know if you have anything
Thanks,

Lan

Attachments

• Apr15_2006_TOR[1].jpg
    Apr15_2006_TOR[1].jpg
    35 KB · Views: 65
Last edited by a moderator:
Back