Storm Chasing Event Archive > 2017 Events >
SEASON SUMMARY: The 2017 season was slower than average, with May 16-18 the most active stretch in the central and southern Plains. The biggest event of the year was June 12 in Wyoming and Nebraska.
- February 28, 2017: Midwest tornado outbreak**
- March 28, 2017: Anson, Texas tornadoes**
- April 14, 2017: Dimmitt, Texas tornadoes**
- April 29, 2017: Canton, Texas tornadoes**
- May 9, 2017: Enochs, Texas tornadoes**
- May 16, 2017: McLean, Texas and Elk City, Oklahoma tornadoes
- May 18, 2017: Chester and Seiling, Oklahoma tornadoes
- June 12, 2017: Carpenter, Wyoming and Bushnell, Nebraska tornadoes
- June 20, 2017: Nebraska frequent lightning display**
- June 28, 2017: Stuart, Iowa tornadoes**
**These events are in need of an author! If you would like to contribute a summary and images for one or more of these events, please contact a WxLibrary editor.