Storm Chasing Event Archive > 2014 Events >
SEASON SUMMARY: Despite the historic events in Nebraska in late June, spring 2014 was generally considered to be a difficult and disappointing season for many chasers. Photogenic tornadoes were very hard to find during the typical peak season period from April to early June when most storm chasers were out on the Great Plains.
- February 20, 2014: Chapin, Illinois tornadoes**
- April 27, 2014: Baxter Springs/Hammond, Kansas and Hume, Missouri tornadoes**
- April 28, 2014: Mississippi tornado outbreak**
- May 10, 2014: Orrick/Marshall, Missouri tornadoes**
- May 11, 2014: Sutton/Beaver Crossing, Nebraska tornadoes
- June 7, 2014: St. Louis, Missouri metro area tornadoes
- June 12, 2014: Joppa, Texas tornado**
- June 16, 2014: Burwell/Pilger, Nebraska tornadoes
- June 17, 2014: Coleridge, Nebraska tornadoes**
- June 18, 2014: Alpena, South Dakota tornadoes**
- July 6, 2014: Traer, Iowa tornado**
- August 24, 2014: Benton, Minnesota tornado**
**These events are in need of an author! If you would like to contribute a summary and images for one or more of these events, please contact a WxLibrary editor.