Storm Chasing Event Archive > 2009 Events >
SEASON SUMMARY: The 2009 Great Plains storm chasing season is considered to be another ‘low point’ year in terms of the very few good tornado opportunities. This was particularly unfortunate for the VORTEX 2 group out on one of their two long-planned and funded research seasons.
- April 26, 2009: Roll, Oklahoma tornadoes
- April 29, 2009: Plainview, Texas tornadoes
- May 13, 2009: Kirksville, Missouri tornado**
- June 5, 2009: Goshen, Wyoming tornado
- June 14, 2009: Ulysses, Kansas tornado**
- June 17, 2009: Aurora/Grand Island, Nebraska tornadoes**
- August 19, 2009: Rochester/Roodhouse, Illinois tornadoes**
**These events are in need of an author! If you would like to contribute a summary and images for one or more of these events, please contact a WxLibrary editor.