• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

KS/OK/TX Corona Heads Up

I see smokey haze over the entire western half of KS, presumably from the fires out in the NW'ern Rockies.

There was a very cool double Corona last night over Norman with the full moon. I hadn't seen one quite that bright or distinctively double. Remember a Corona shows light area from the edge of the moon out, whereas a Halo is a ring, with a dark area separating the moon and the halo. Halo is formed from ice crystals I think, and Corona from water vapor and perhaps... smoke? :)

So check it out tonight all you Dodge City folks, perhaps down to Amarillo if it's not too rainy.

And lastly, sorry to get your hopes up as to storms. Not a chance, sadly.

P.S. I woulda posted this "Corona Heads Up" elsewhere, but man. It's summer doldrums city.

I was driving back from Buena Vista, CO today and noticed quite a haze in western KS. I wonder if that could have been from fires. It could have been just dust, too, as it was quite windy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back