1. Hey there, Guest! Join us in the Discord where it's all weather, all the time, 24/7/365. Membership applications are processed in 24hrs or less. Drop by and see how we've improved this important medium.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Best Lightning Shot to date...

Discussion in 'Sky photography' started by Jeremy Jones, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Jay Goldberg

Incredible photos! These aren’t nearly dramatic but took them flying about FL350 over Texas.

Attached Files:

2. Ethan Schisler

Collage of a few of my favorite lightning photos during the 2016 season I create a long while back. I need to go back and redo this for lightning shots I've gotten the past few years. Lightning Collage.jpg

3. Jay Goldberg

Fantastic. Can wait to be out chasing one day with my gear. I shoot with a 5D Mark IV which does incredible at night although it’s not dark during lightning :)

4. David Amos

David Amos Lurker

27670758-D941-4D6A-B598-D2CA231A1C83.jpeg Forgot to use my Rokinon 14mm would have got more in. Oh well, live and learn. Still love it though. Taken in Powhatan VA summer 2018

5. michael beard

Shooting a squall line near Rhome, TX last year.

Attached Files:

6. Brad Nelson

May 16, 2017 near Gotebo, Oklahoma. UNREAL lightning strike that occurred directly in front of our car and right in the middle of my camera frame. Probably will never get a lightning shot even comparable again in my lifetime. I was in the car and had a remote trigger for my camera. Settings were ISO 100, f/22, and 20 second exposure.

Attached Files: