I'm starting this thread to get a few opinions of some of the chasers on the forum. I had a pretty frustrating couple of days chasing 6/28-6/29, where I struck out on the tornadoes. This is a very humbling "hobby" of course an no one is ever 100% for seeing tornadoes on chase days, but obviously all you can do is keep learning. I thought I would post this question/situation on what happened yesterday to see what other people "think" they would have done. After missing 3 Iowa tornadoes the day before by a matter of minutes/miles, my chase partner and I went out again yesterday(6/29). We targeted northeast Nebraska along the boundary that ran east to west into northwest Iowa. I wasn't real optimistic heading into the chase for tornado chances, but you never know. If any of you were watching yesterday or were even out chasing this should sound familiar. There was an initial cell that formed about 20 miles west of Sioux City. We were right there as it formed. I was on the SPC mesoanalysis site and looked up shear and helicity parameters. Bulk 0-6km shear was initially lacking but I could tell was going to get better with the approaching wave. Effective helicity was rather low in the immediate area though. One thing that captured our attention though was an increased area of helicity values(200 m/s2) on the mesoanalysis that ran along the Missouri River in southeast SD. The storm continued to strengthen as it headed towards Sioux City. It was in an area of good surface based CAPE that stretched well into northwest Iowa. So initially we stayed with it a little bit as it moved along at 15-20 mph to the east. At some point though, we decided to let it go as it really looked like it would head further into an area where the storm SRH was very low. There were more storms to our west and to our northwest up in S. Dakota. The storm however did start some attempts at brief, either very slowly or even non rotating wall clouds that usually fell apart pretty quickly. There was even some rotation showing on the velocity scans on radar that were slowly getting better. Then a tornado warning came out for it just as we had started to head west away from it and head towards the Yankton area in the higher SRH values. Since we were so close to the tornado warned storm we turned back around to follow it through S.City. There were reports of up to 4" hail as it moved through town. Still though, the wall cloud attempts were pretty feeble. But we couldn't leave the storm. It's hard to leave a tornado warned storm when you're right there! Eventually we moved into Iowa where about 20 miles southeast of S.City the tornado warning was finally dropped. At that point we knew to leave the storm and looked back to the northwest. Almost comically, 10 minutes after we left the storm it went tornado warned again and then a radar confirmed tornado was reported. DOHHHH!! There was a rather discrete storm to the west of Yankton that didn't look that impressive on radar but was severe warned for wind. So we finally headed towards the Yankton area about 50 miles away. Mesoanalysis still showed SRH values of 2-300 right along the river. As we blasted northwest and made it onto I-29 in S.Dakota we could see the storm to our west and the base of the storm. As we approached the exit to head west off of I-29, we could now see a wall cloud under the base and sure enough we could see a tornado under the storm from about 18-20 miles away! There was a confirmed tornado with the storm at this time. The tornado only lasted about 2 minutes longer once we could see it before it lifted but had been on the ground for longer prior. As we approached Vermillion, we were about 8-10 miles from the storm and it made another attempt at a tornado with a bowl funnel and you could see dust swirling underneath(I love how flat S. Dakota is). The structure was amazing and I wished we would have stopped to take pics, but we wanted to get closer. Of course as could almost be expected, once we made it through Vermillion and crossed the river back into Nebraska, the storm rapidly fell apart and we didn't see anything interesting further after that. So if I haven't totally lost your interest yet, what do you think you guys would have done? Would you have stayed with a tornado warned storm that you were right on despite it not showing anything real promising visually(still looked somewhatgood on velocity scans though), and in an environment that on mesoanalysis that didn't look that good for tornadogenesis? OR Would you have bailed on it and gone to the Yankton area where there were some weaker storms initially, but were in a better environment(SRH on SPC mesoanalysis)? We left the storm feeling defeated and headed back towards Omaha. Near the town of Ponca, I then got a speeding ticket for going 75 in a 60. However, the cop was very nice and lowered it all the way to a 65 in a 60 for a $59 ticket. So I guess it didn't end as badly as it could have. Then after getting home to Omaha, we had golf ball to baseball sized hail move right through the center of town! Pretty significant damage everywhere!