What are some famous sayings from tornado videos?

Dec 26, 2004
Booneville, KY
The one that also stands out in my mind was Bob Prentice's encounter with that "big bug". That was hilarious.

BTW, that must have been one of those big, brown beetles (can't think of the actual name) that's referred to as "Texas Tree Roaches". Glad I've not seen any of those around here, as they are indeed big bugs. LOL.

-George

Matthew Hatton

I was on a tour (in my earlier years) in 2000. We were hiding underneath a gas station and the sirens were blaring. It was Des Moine, May. A few empty fast food boxes and bits of paper flew down the road and I shouted, "Debris, we have Debris".

I was not allowed to forget those words for the rest of the trip :oops:

Dec 26, 2004
Booneville, KY
Some other interesting quotes I just thought of also came from one of the TVC videos, recorded by a resident of (I believe) Stuart, IA.

"Whoa! Major footage! Gawd! You can hear it comin! Everbody git under sumpin!"

I loved that video. And actually I'm not so much making fun of the way the guy talked as I am trying to capture the excitement of the moment as only his exact words could do.

Also, I certainly can't argue with any of his descriptions. It was indeed "major footage".

-George

Mar 5, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
I've seen the video twice @ storm spotter training here in central Illinois, but I've never heard who made it. This year when I go I'll see if I can't get ahold of the filmer's name.

"Thats a tornado.... look at that maw... its gettin' bigger.... wowza... that there is a tornaaaaado.... Man, lookit that maw, it's a toorrnaaaado.... Oh *&$^@ ITS COMING HERE, GET IN THE BASEMENT

All in the most hickish, Arkansas voice you can imagine. I wish I knew who made it.

Having just watched "The Dream" video from Mike Hollingshead...Pretty much all the words on the video are great. My three favorite:

May 22 Nebraska Supercell - "Holy Crap!"

May 16 Nebraska Tornado

Mike is filming from miles away....
Emergency Workers Drive up in fire truck.
Emergency Workers: "You okay?"
Mike: "Im chasing"
Emergency Workers: "You spotting?"
Mike: "Im chasing"
Emergency Workers: "Ooh..you're spotting...Okay"
Emergency Workers drive off.

Another Tornado Exchange:

Mike is filming...
Good Ol' boy in truck drives up.
Good Ol' boy: "Tornado comin you better get to shelter"
..Good Ol' boy starts to drive off...
Mike: "Yeah...I'll get to shelter" *in a sarcastic tone*
Mike continues to film for what seems like hours

heheheheh

I dont know..those exchanges just cracked me up :)