Steve Miller

Owner Emeritus
Staff member
Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
Moore, OK
www.stevemillerok.com
Hot off the presses (don't kill the messenger):

Monday, September 28, 2015 - Westboro Baptist Church will picket the National Weather Service to remind them that ONLY by God’s mercy and power do you gather intelligence on His weather. The day comes when all weather rules, as you know them, will be gone. America crossed the Rubicon when, by force of law, you permitted same-sex marriage. Further, when a people cast the commandments of God behind their back and turn to evil, God will turn the weather, the elements and all nature against you! Give the glory of the Works of God, TO GOD! Your DUTY is to never again attribute the glorious works of God to any other, including your false goddess, Mother Nature. Let these words of God instruct you! Nahum 1:3 “The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.” God gave instruction, and said OBEY, promising good things for obedience or otherwise evil things! Joshua 23:15 “Therefore it shall come to pass, that as all good things are come upon you, which the LORD your God promised you; so shall the LORD bring upon you all evil things, until he have destroyed you from off this good land which the LORD your God hath given you.” NOTE to weather reporting rebels: nothing happens in this earth without the direct command of God. HE is sovereign of all! Isaiah 45:7 “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.” Amos 3:6 “Shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?” Jeremiah 7:9-10 “Will ye steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely… and walk after other gods… And come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, We are delivered to do all these abominations?” NO!! Destruction cometh! Stay tuned! Global Warming is just getting started!

Attachments

Last edited:

Mike Marz

EF3
Mar 11, 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
ONLY by God’s mercy and power do you gather intelligence on His weather. The day comes when all weather rules, as you know them, will be gone. America crossed the Rubicon when, by force of law, you permitted same-sex marriage. Further, when a people cast the commandments of God behind their back and turn to evil, God will turn the weather, the elements and all nature against you! Give the glory of the Works of God, TO GOD! Your DUTY is to never again attribute the glorious works of God to any other, including your false goddess, Mother Nature. Let these words of God instruct you! Nahum 1:3 “The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.” God gave instruction, and said OBEY, promising good things for obedience or otherwise evil things! Joshua 23:15 “Therefore it shall come to pass, that as all good things are come upon you, which the LORD your God promised you; so shall the LORD bring upon you all evil things, until he have destroyed you from off this good land which the LORD your God hath given you.” NOTE to weather reporting rebels: nothing happens in this earth without the direct command of God. HE is sovereign of all! Isaiah 45:7 “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.” Amos 3:6 “Shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?” Jeremiah 7:9-10 “Will ye steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely… and walk after other gods… And come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, We are delivered to do all these abominations?” NO!! Destruction cometh! Stay tuned! Global Warming is just getting started!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

drugs are bad......mmmmmkay

Last edited:
Reactions: Taylor Wright

Jason Myers

Enthusiast
May 15, 2015
Norman, OK
I may skip my chem lab for this, I do get to drop one lab this semester... Bring a nice big American flag and blast some patriotic music. May bring some of those cliché 'Not on OUr Campus signs' too. We may have some fun with this.

Reactions: Damon Poole

Jeff Duda

Resident meteorological expert
Staff member
Supporter
Oct 7, 2008
Broomfield, CO
www.meteor.iastate.edu
Remember: probably the biggest reason these people are still around is because people still react to their presence. Yes, their messages are incendiary and tasteless, but the best way to get these people to go away is to not pay attention to them. If you fight back against their presence, you're only helping perpetuate their existence. Just go about your day normally and pretend they don't exist, and...if everyone does it, they really will cease to exist.

Nov 5, 2007
Odessa, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
Remember: probably the biggest reason these people are still around is because people still react to their presence. Yes, their messages are incendiary and tasteless, but the best way to get these people to go away is to not pay attention to them. If you fight back against their presence, you're only helping perpetuate their existence. Just go about your day normally and pretend they don't exist, and...if everyone does it, they really will cease to exist.
I agree with this, but dang, they're annoying.

Jan 16, 2009
Kansas City
I have dealt with these jokers a few times as a member of the Patriot Guard they have slowly became a non factor at funerals so they have to try to make news and get attention any way they can ... desperate.

I have a list of tornadoes I want to see that I made years ago
#1 A large destructive one that directly hits the Westboro "Church".

Feb 21, 2012
Wichita, KS
My thoughts exactly. Why are we giving these idiots so much attention? Bad publicity is still publicity and just helps them gain a following.

May 18, 2012
Gaines, MI
I'd love to be there to confront them, with Bible in hand and show these charlatans how they are and have been mis-using the Word of God to advance their own agenda. It's why I left the whole fundamentalist church movement. Lord help those poor brain-washed people..

Reactions: John Olexa
Mar 15, 2004
Tucson, Aridzona
www.flickr.com
I'd love to be there to confront them, with Bible in hand and show these charlatans how they are and have been mis-using the Word of God to advance their own agenda. It's why I left the whole fundamentalist church movement. Lord help those poor brain-washed people..
So, YOUR interpretation is right, and theirs is wrong?

Various churches have been "creatively interpreting" this abundantly unclear document for centuries...

Reactions: Chris Campbell
Dec 13, 2003
La Plata, Maryland
I'd be surprised if they do show. Lately they seem to just post they are going to show up somewhere and then don't, but the media plasters it everywhere and their name stays in the news.

Jul 2, 2004
Hastings, Michigan
www.stormhorn.com
Agree. Give it as much attention here in private as it merits, which isn't much; publicly, ignore it. The way to kill a phenomenon that only survives on public attention is to starve it to death.

Dec 13, 2003
La Plata, Maryland
With all the media, posting / writing about them and why they plan to protest... why show up and risk a confrontation, their reason has already been mention.

Reminds me of the animal rights group PETA. Every year they film a super bowl ad that always gets rejected. It ends up being shown on every social media outlet available to see why it was rejected (usely too sexy) and in the long run more people end up seeing it than they would have during it's "1" airing during the super bowl plus saves a million+ bucks for the 30 seconds it would have cost!!

Oct 25, 2004
Tucson, Arizona
ONLY by God’s mercy and power do you gather intelligence on His weather. The day comes when all weather rules, as you know them, will be gone. America crossed the Rubicon when, by force of law, you permitted same-sex marriage. Further, when a people cast the commandments of God behind their back and turn to evil, God will turn the weather, the elements and all nature against you! Give the glory of the Works of God, TO GOD! Your DUTY is to never again attribute the glorious works of God to any other, including your false goddess, Mother Nature. Let these words of God instruct you! Nahum 1:3 “The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.” God gave instruction, and said OBEY, promising good things for obedience or otherwise evil things! Joshua 23:15 “Therefore it shall come to pass, that as all good things are come upon you, which the LORD your God promised you; so shall the LORD bring upon you all evil things, until he have destroyed you from off this good land which the LORD your God hath given you.” NOTE to weather reporting rebels: nothing happens in this earth without the direct command of God. HE is sovereign of all! Isaiah 45:7 “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.” Amos 3:6 “Shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?” Jeremiah 7:9-10 “Will ye steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely… and walk after other gods… And come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, We are delivered to do all these abominations?” NO!! Destruction cometh! Stay tuned! Global Warming is just getting started!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

drugs are bad......mmmmmkay
Whoa....easy there, Mike. As a man who takes his long-ago decision to follow Christ's teachings seriously (and who often falls far short of that goal daily), and as a man of 60 who half my life ago was so heavily involved with drugs and alcohol that the amounts I would often laughingly ingest were the same amounts that killed others, I can attest that for me, living a Christian life is infinitely more satisfying and rewarding than my former life of self-induced hell. The beauty of my life now is that I get to witness to others who are locked into the same horrible, destructive path as mine was. My personal Christian walk is serious business, as there are times I'll need to deal with truly intelligent and decent souls that have allowed themselves to fall so far down that they are now in the process of weighing the consequences of suicide. My brother, and I say this to you with respect....it gets my hackles up when Christianity is the recipient of a cheap-shot. Unless someone is personally coming at me hard and with a dedicated desire to inflict harm, I'll normally get over the initial sting of the comment quickly... shake it off.....then walk away without holding malice towards that individual. I guess what I'd like for you to understand is that a comment such as yours does have a real bite to it to a LOT of people, and if that was your intention then congratulations.....you scored. If it wasn't your intent...then humbly, all I ask that you give perhaps a brief moment of thought as to what I'm trying to convey here. Allrighty....well, that's all I've got. Thank you for taking a moment to read this. With respect and a tip of my hat to all my fellow Stormtrack brothers and sisters, adios and mas alla. Joel Ewing / Stormtrack member since 1985.

Oct 25, 2004
Tucson, Arizona
Whoa....easy there, Mike. As a man who takes his long-ago decision to follow Christ's teachings seriously (and who often falls far short of that goal daily), and as a man of 60 who half my life ago was so heavily involved with drugs and alcohol that the amounts I would often laughingly ingest were the same amounts that killed others, I can attest that for me, living a Christian life is infinitely more satisfying and rewarding than my former life of self-induced hell. The beauty of my life now is that I get to witness to others who are locked into the same horrible, destructive path as mine was. My personal Christian walk is serious business, as there are times I'll need to deal with truly intelligent and decent souls that have allowed themselves to fall so far down that they are now in the process of weighing the consequences of suicide. My brother, and I say this to you with respect....it gets my hackles up when Christianity is the recipient of a cheap-shot. Unless someone is personally coming at me hard and with a dedicated desire to inflict harm, I'll normally get over the initial sting of the comment quickly... shake it off.....then walk away without holding malice towards that individual. I guess what I'd like for you to understand is that a comment such as yours does have a real bite to it to a LOT of people, and if that was your intention then congratulations.....you scored. If it wasn't your intent...then humbly, all I ask that you give perhaps a brief moment of thought as to what I'm trying to convey here. Allrighty....well, that's all I've got. Thank you for taking a moment to read this. With respect and a tip of my hat to all my fellow Stormtrack brothers and sisters, adios and mas alla. Joel Ewing / Stormtrack member since 1985.
Oh, and allow me to make this last comment with respect to the topic that got this conversation started. Regardless of my strong Christian beliefs.....what this Baptist Church is doing is ludicrous. I understand what they're trying to convey in a general sense....and I applaud them for standing up for their convictions, but imo, they're going about it in a way that is just so damaging to their message and their church. As a Christian man, I really hate to see this....and more than anything it saddens me. And I promise, if given the opportunity, I would agree to tell them so......straight-up and face-to-face. Not in a mean way, but within the spirit of helping shape their message so it might be more readily received by all.

Reactions: Michael Towers