Upslope Flow - A Time Lapse Film

Discussion in 'Sky photography' started by kevin-palmer, Jul 26, 2018.

1. kevin-palmer

This week I released my time lapse film, titled "Upslope Flow."

Most of the storms were captured this year, but it includes a few shots from the last 2 years as well. It's funny, even though 2018 was a crappy year for tornadoes, it was my best year of chasing. Living next to the Northern Plains brought plenty of opportunities, unlike the last 2 years. Even though I missed out on a few of the biggest days at the end of May, I don't have much to complain about since the season both started and ended with seeing tornadoes.

I hope you enjoy watching it:

It's also on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/kevinpalmerphotography/upslopeflow

• Like Like x 5
  2. Marc R. O'Leary

Question for you time-lapsers...how the HELL you you have the patience to wait for a lapse and not just go crazy wanting to reposition?

In any case, awesome work!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. kevin-palmer

Thanks Marc. It can be tough finding the perfect place to stop and shoot a time lapse. I usually have to stay further ahead of the storm, allowing at least 10 minutes to shoot before the rain arrives. If I'm too close to the storm a time lapse becomes too difficult, so sometimes I have to sacrifice the closer shot. Carrying a backup camera also allows me to shoot with different lenses or take a panorama while my main camera is shooting a time lapse.