‘Twister’ Reboot in the Works at Universal

Warren Faidley

Supporter
May 7, 2006
Mos Isley Space Port
www.stormchaser.com
What usually happens when one studio or production company announces a remake, others start looking over treatments and ideas for similar "sniper" projects. This happened during Twister when two other studios and a couple of well-known producers explored separate projects. I would not be surprised if a "paywall" production was rushed through in advance of Twister II.

May 25, 2014
What usually happens when one studio or production company announces a remake, others start looking over treatments and ideas for similar "sniper" projects. This happened during Twister when two other studios and a couple of well-known producers explored separate projects. I would not be surprised if a "paywall" production was rushed through in advance of Twister II.
What was the horrible off-brands for Twister? Night of the Twisters and Tornado! I believe.

Funny thing about Night of the Twisters - that was a PaxTV exclusive and then aired on TFC, so even though it was a knockoff, Bill Paxton still got paid!

Jeff Duda

Resident meteorological expert
Staff member
Supporter
Oct 7, 2008
Broomfield, CO
www.meteor.iastate.edu
lol...that's all he had to say: "you can't do it bigger"??? Also, he sounded like he was stroking out when giving that quote.

Also, why is he asking about doing an F5 now? Didn't they do one in the original?

I agree that stepping up the intensity/fear/danger/epicness of the fury of nature may not be the best of ideas for a reboot, but he didn't mention anything about the change in technology that has been discussed here. Shit, we should be the ones writing the screenplay. We can then pass it off to a more seasoned screenwriter to add the artistic touches to shape it into a Hollywood-worthy production.

Warren Faidley

Supporter
May 7, 2006
Mos Isley Space Port
www.stormchaser.com
The evolution of storm chasing has progressed substantially since 1996 and "Storm Chasers." The advent of social media creating sensationalized and often falsified chasing behavior (and individuals) would be an interesting sub-plot if it stays the course. We have seen multiple fatalities and injuries, some resulting from aggressive, irresponsible and unnecessary behavior presented on TV and social media as "normal" chasing. My biggest fear is a script that embraces the lunacy and stunts as "normal" chasing and just adds to flames of stupidity. Lets face it, any new film will encourage more chasing, for better or worse.

The evolution of storm chasing has progressed substantially since 1996 and "Storm Chasers." The advent of social media creating sensationalized and often falsified chasing behavior (and individuals) would be an interesting sub-plot if it stays the course. We have seen multiple fatalities and injuries, some resulting from aggressive, irresponsible and unnecessary behavior presented on TV and social media as "normal" chasing. My biggest fear is a script that embraces the lunacy and stunts as "normal" chasing and just adds to flames of stupidity. Lets face it, any new film will encourage more chasing, for better or worse.
Is it because the term 'chaser' has being used most often, instead of the more apt word 'tracker'?
I'd like to think that what we do is collecting data and hunt a storm before the tube actually happens, and then go out tracking it.
Not 'chasing' it with a butterfly net to then putting it in a jar -lulz.