Thundersnow - third time in a week!

Trade Stocks for Free with Robinhood
Leverage your knowledge of weather to beat the stock market with free trading on Robinhood! Sign up today, get free stock!
Saw thundersnow today for the third time in a week! I was coming into the Pagosa area from the south on U.S. 84 when the storm started going up almost over my head, so I pursued it up to the scenic overlook west of Wolf Creek Pass as it began to spit CG (cloud-to-ground lightning) then drop graupel (snow pellets) and snow above about 9,000 feet, with frequent rumbles of thunder after the initial short barrage of CG. Unfortunately I had only my crappy point-and-shoot camera and was playing catch-up with the storm. Hence the pictures I got are so-so and the video (which is linked below) is technically poor. But the storm was very dramatic, and certainly the first time in my life to experience thundersnow 3 times in a week. The first picture shows the updraft base as the storm was forming, the second the snow and graupel falling just to my west (CG was in this area, but I did not get any on video, as the last one happened just as I was setting up at the scenic overlook to video). The third picture shows the storm as it was moving away on the other side of the mountains.

thundersnow51815-1.jpg thundersnow51815-2.jpg thundersnow51815-3.jpg

Youtube video here: