The Car Show - Preserving the rigs

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by B. Dean Berry, Feb 13, 2018.

1. B. Dean Berry

B. Dean Berry Moderator

The only negatives I hear about spray-on liner is that it's ugly, or it destroys resale value, or that it's just "stupid" in a nondescript way. I think it's more ~ a e s t h e t i c ~ than hail dents and scratched-up paint, which pretty much every chase vehicle gets after enough time in-service. Any chase vehicle that gets to the point of having high miles on it will also have such damage, so there goes the resale value as well. There's really not much reason not to do it anymore, except for looking like an extra from a Mad Max movie, but they make it so you can tint it any color now.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Norris

These photos are located on my phone and not my work computer. So I'm going to just post them and then edit the post with the information a little later this morning.

EDIT:
    This was my 2000 Jeep Cherokee 4.0. It was mainly used back in 2008-2010 while I was still in college. It went all over AL, FL panhandle, GA, and MS. It doesn't look like much, but is still my most extensive set up to date. We weren't very experienced being just freshman and sophomores, so not much luck aside from a single funnel cloud, but it was always fun.
    FB_IMG_1529407454879.jpg FB_IMG_1529407439684.jpg

This was kind of a neat rig my buddy made so we could get the wall to wall severe coverage of local news stations on his laptop. Made with a digital TV antenna rigged up on a camera tripod
    FB_IMG_1529407425213.jpg

This was my 2008 Toyota Camry with a 5 speed manual. It saw sporadic use from 2008 up until 2013. At this point in my life I had goofed off too much to still be in college unfortunately. Despite that I always took what chances I had to see what I could see. Mostly lightning and hail though FB_IMG_1527679378094.jpg
    And my current vehicle is a 2004 Subaru Forester XT with the 5 speed manual. Also has a small 2 inch lift and slightly larger than stock tires. It's loads of fun. So far not much chasing in this with the exception of marginally severe hail cores around San Angelo. It has actually seen more action sitting in the parking lot than it has out on the road. I hope to change that soon though
    20180403_162503.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    #27 Michael Norris, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018