Storm chasing and the 2020 coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

• Please note the forum rules were updated today. You may review them by clicking here

Shane Adams

It's apparent that Yvonne is not capable of reading a contract that clearly states we have this NON-Refundable deposit clause. However, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt as she made her deposit December of 2018 and maybe she forgot???
So, you're saying you're incapable of retracting a standard in the middle of an extraordinary world event? Because a contract says it's non-refundable, that binds your hands from doing the right thing and letting any customer out of that agreement? Are you not in control of your own business?

Holden Smith

Enthusiast
May 3, 2019
Minneapolis, MN
However, I believe the widespread support of chasers violating COVID-19 travel restrictions and quarantines to be unconscionable and indefensible, far worse than anything our community has ever been accused of doing in the past. I believe the coming consequences from this will be severe and far-reaching. So, I am publicly removing myself from the storm chasing "community" and no longer wish to be associated with it.
Friendly reminder you chased yesterday. COVID-19 does not care if you are local or not. How's the view from up there?

I am personally going to start systematically tracking and reporting chasers who violate COVID-19 quarantines and restrictions. It's in the best interest of storm chasing for others to do the same. Disclaimer: that is my personal opinion, not one held by Stormtrack officially.
This is by far the most arrogant and ignorant statement that I’ve read from the community.
I’m curious to know how, and even why a moderator is allowed to threaten or use ad hock threatening verbiage such as this? Can someone please explain this?

Look Dan, I replied to you on Twitter with the hopes of keeping any argumentative overtone off of ST. I am not sure I understand this comment/threat at all. You’ve always been a voice of calm and respect. Certainly a respected chaser but more importantly a respected human being. That said, this this is not calm, this is not respected and certainly falls under the context of ad hock attacks. Where in the hell is the ST moderation team and why is anyone allowing this type of threatening tone to continue???????

@Steve Miller this needs to be addressed.

I've no dog in the “stay at home” fight. My employer (WearherBug) has instructed us to follow protocol at least until the end of the month, but c’mon - we ALL know that there are simply no protocols or martial law directives at this point. Thus, how are we allowing a moderator to threaten those that do chase? We are required to hold those in a moderating “position” to a higher standard simply due to following the rules. How is it okay to allow such idiotic threatening posts BY A MODERATOR? By simple definition and position, this is a basic threat to any chaser by a moderator...

As far as tours, I’m done - my business has tanked. We are lucky in that some folks rolled over to next year as @Roger Hill has experienced as well, but for the most part, we have lost financially to the point of almost no return, so that is not an issue att.
Work however, is an issue. My job and title : Meteorologist/Field Correspondent. I suspect that I may have to be in the field in the near future (I don’t know) So in theory, if I’m in the field doing my job, I was just threatened by Dan in that he would “track and report chasers”. Since I own a tour company, and by proxy, chase - he is going to “track and report” my ongoings and he “suggests others do the same”?????
If that isn’t a threat to mobilize (for lack of better verbiage) others to follow direction then I have no idea what is.

IMO, this should be addressed at face value - for what it is...a distinct and clear threat, and by a moderator no less. What the hell are we allowing nowadays??????

Last edited:
I would sue them.
Blake, you’d sue @Roger Hill & @CDHill because of the hidden agenda of being a tour operator yourself. If you are gonna make a comment like this at least be honest - Lets call a spade a spade. There are simply NO GROUNDS for legal action. I could understand the point if they took her money and canceled the tour and didn’t refund or compensate or offer her options in some way. That is not he case.
While this is no doubt a difficult time for ALL of us,
I don’t think it helps to try and purposely put fuel on a fire due to a simple hidden agenda.

EDIT: Please note that If I’ve missed anything or simply misspoken then my sincere apologies - my comment isn’t any sort of attack and I hope it won’t be taken as such. I don’t want to come across as a dick, I’m just saying that let’s not put fuel on a fire for any personal reasons. I’ve lost over $70k thus far because I’ve just refunded monies. To me, this is the right and correct way to do business. I might add that “rolled over” was a simple way to say that we have people who have rolled into the next year - no hidden meaning by my comment.

-LFD

Take a chill pill, Lanny. If you had bothered reading a little further down the thread before firing back, you would have seen that Dan subsequently posted the following:

"Since my original intent was to serve the best interests of the community, and since the community has nearly universally rejected the idea that there is even a problem, I will not pursue the reporting of chasers violating COVID-19 quarantine orders."

So he is not doing what you called him out for. This thread is getting way out of hand. I know emotions are running high, but right now I think we ALL need to take a chill pill. That probably includes me.

Reactions: Lanny Dean
Apr 23, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
I personally am a member of the faction doesn't see the issue with chasing during this outbreak especially if you chase solo or with 1-2 partners. Respect and be mindful of social distancing, to not congregate in massive groups before initiation, and take actions to reduce any potential spread(such as hand sanitizer after filling up, or getting food at the drive-thru). In fact, standing alone on the side of the road is probably one of the better places to be as far as social distancing goes. I only saw a handful of chasers on the Iowa triple point yesterday and I never personally felt that the congregating before initiation was getting out of hand(contrary to the reports of Illinois, where there were far more chasers in general so that certainly had something to do with it). This isn't particularly new information to the thread, but seriously just be careful and you'll be fine. People getting up on their high horse and trying to be the police isn't good for the community as a whole imo.

Take a chill pill, Lanny. If you had bothered reading a little further down the thread before firing back, you would have seen that Dan subsequently posted the following:

"Since my original intent was to serve the best interests of the community, and since the community has nearly universally rejected the idea that there is even a problem, I will not pursue the reporting of chasers violating COVID-19 quarantine orders."

So he is not doing what you called him out for. This thread is getting way out of hand. I know emotions are running high, but right now I think we ALL need to take a chill pill. That probably includes me.
John, I stand corrected....except for his Twitter which was updated AFTER this post was made. Thus my concern and disdain. Mods, if I need to remove or edit the post to reflect any changes - I certainly can. Please advise if needed. Thanks.

Jul 5, 2009
Newtown, Pennsylvania
I don’t understand what it is *on this thread* that got Dan so torqued up. If he wants to be upset about things that happened on Saturday in Illinois, or the Tornado Titans poll (which I didn’t even know about), then fine. But on this thread, all I see are people writing to clarify their own thoughts and work out for themselves whether or not it is appropriate to chase. Many have not actually even had to make the call one way or another on a specific chase or chase trip. I do not see anybody on here saying “screw everybody else, I’m chasing.” I see people reasoning out for themselves whether a stay at home order literally means stay at home, or if there is enough subjectivity and gray area such that you can be out on the roads, and you are permitted to enjoy outdoor recreation, and therefore can chase because that’s all it involves. Yes the spirit and not just the letter of the law is important, but they are simply asking, what harm is it doing to be out driving (which plenty of others are doing) and to stand on the side of a road as long as I keep a distance from others? Again, for many it is still a rhetorical question at this point, I don’t see many people on this thread that even chased Saturday. Nobody has time to go into the wording of each individual piece of legislation or regulation, so they are just trying to work out for themselves what is reasonable.

I can tell you that in my area of Philly, where we have a statewide shutdown, the roads were filled with cars yesterday. Much lighter than usual to be sure, but plenty of people out. Why was I out? Well I wasn’t going anywhere, I was helping my son get his driving hours needed before he can take his driver’s license test. But I couldn’t imagine where all these people were going. It did not at all bother me that they were out, I just couldn’t imagine where they were going if everything is closed! But the point is I don’t know of a prohibition against being out and about. If not here in metro Philadelphia, than certainly not in rural areas. But again, just using what is supposed to be a friendly forum to think through this.

To clarify my own position about chasing, in case anyone has misunderstood any of my prior posts: If my chase vacation were starting tomorrow, of course I would not head out there. But if I lived out there, could pack my own food, and could get out and back without an overnight stay, why wouldn’t I chase? As far as my own chase vacation, my position on that is, I will just see what’s happening six weeks from now and make a decision then, even if it’s a somewhat later trip than usual. My point there has simply always been that if we still have this level of restriction/shutdown at the end of May, which would be nearly 10 weeks at that point, we’ve got way bigger problems than chasing - we’ll be looking at an economic (and therefore societal) catastrophe.

By having the discussion, we get to the right answer, and you’ll find that people’s positions change over time, as conditions on the ground change. No reason to embarrass or chastise anyone, or to run away from the community.

Jan 16, 2009
Kansas City
Until there are laws banning interstate travel, imposing martial law, etc this is really more a moral issue that every chaser needs to think about IMO. You are not going to get stopped in most cases as long as you are not violating any traffic laws. I have had a lot of conversations with other chasers on this subject and we decided each needs to make up their own mind on how far they want to go with chasing this year. Note this is a moving situation and the future may dictate different answers to the chasing questions but for now I think there is no wrong answer as long as you are not interacting with others while out. What Dan did IMHO is just wrong ... we do not need people threatening to create a website to track and report other chasers that might be doing everything correctly per the law and are alright with their own moral choice.

Jul 5, 2009
Newtown, Pennsylvania
As for how we run our business from the accounting side, first of all it is nobody’s business. But if you know anything about finances, every dime that comes in is accounted for in that year. If you take deposits in the fall for the following year’s tours, they are accounted for during that calendar year, they are NOT rolled over. When someone pays a tour fee, whether its in the year of their tour or if they choose to pay it in the year before, it is accounted for in whatever year it is received. When a deposit is received, it is considered earned because it locks in a person’s seat on tour. Pretty simple accounting.
Roger it's your business, you run it how you want to. I think people are just saying there should be flexibility, relative to the letter of the law on a contract, given the extraordinary circumstances. If you feel you are offering adequate flexibility and there has just been a misunderstanding with one particular person, then fine. I don't think anybody here is interested in keeping the discussion going.

However, as a CPA, I found your use of accounting and finance as a defense amusing. I assume your business is a cash-basis taxpayer, in which case you are correct that the deposit is reported as revenue in the year received. But so what? If you refund it the next year, you'll get a deduction for it at that time. More importantly, accrual-basis accounting - generally accepted accounting principles, or GAAP, which is the standard for business financial reporting and financial management purposes - the deposit is actually NOT accounted for as revenue during the year received. It is actually reported as a *liability* because you have not *earned* the revenue until you actually *provide* the tour. So it would be on your balance sheet as a liability at the end of 2019, and you would recognize the *revenue* in 2020 when you actually provide the tour. The accounting rationale for this is (a) if you for some reason fail to provide the tour, you would have to refund the money, and are not entitled to keep it until you have provided the tour, and (b) the revenue is matched with the expense in the same period - i.e., the deposit paid in 2019 is for a 2020 tour, so is reported in 2020 when the tour is provided and you are incurring expenses for that tour. In summary, the deposit is *not* considered earned when received, because the business still has an obligation to provide the product or service in the future.

Probably nobody on here cares what an accounting geek has to say, but I thought it important to clarify for people that may read Roger's post and say to themselves "I don't know anything about accounting, so that must be correct!"

Jul 5, 2009
Newtown, Pennsylvania

Yes, but Dan retracted it only *because* everyone was against what he had threatened to do, and in the same post saying he no longer planned to do it he also disavowed the entire chase community and said he was removing himself from it, basically implying that anyone who disagreed with him was lawless and immoral.

Jul 5, 2009
Newtown, Pennsylvania
Until there are laws banning interstate travel, imposing martial law, etc this is really more a moral issue that every chaser needs to think about IMO.
Agreed. I think Brett expressed a valuable perspective in his earlier post:

...until such a time as interstate travel is prohibited with enforcement, I don't think it's reasonable to engage an anti-chasing crusade. The size and diversity of yesterday's crowds should drive that home for anyone who was unsure prior. By doing so, you're holding storm chasers to an unreasonable standard that clearly isn't being applied to the country at large... yet. Furthermore, legality aside, the actual risk posed by a solo chaser stopping only at gas stations is simply tiny. It would be one thing if our community were trying to sneak under the radar engaging in activity that's exceptionally likely to spread disease. In reality, responsible storm chasing is precisely the opposite: it's almost surgically designed to minimize risk among all conceivable activities that involve travel.

Reactions: James Wilson
Apr 10, 2008
Decatur IL
www.pawleewurx.com
The wording is flawed, should be non-essential ‘destination’ vs travel. Travel is not the problem UNLESS you’re on public mass transit (planes, trains, ships, buses, vans) encapsulated with other random humans whereby strict protective measures should be taken. Driving around in a car with no particular destination other than a ‘target area’ is not like going to a restaurant, theatre, church, park, etc. where people are gathered en mass. Look at the worst convergence from seasons past and people were still measurably apart from each other. That just about everything is closed is going to force chasers to be on a short leash anyways.

Personally I think a better appropriation of law enforcement resources as compared to stopping motorists would be to enact orderly distancing and safety measures where people ARE congregating; particularly shopping centers.

In the meantime however, you could try blending in...

Attachments

Nov 27, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
Roger it's your business, you run it how you want to. I think people are just saying there should be flexibility, relative to the letter of the law on a contract, given the extraordinary circumstances. If you feel you are offering adequate flexibility and there has just been a misunderstanding with one particular person, then fine. I don't think anybody here is interested in keeping the discussion going.

However, as a CPA, I found your use of accounting and finance as a defense amusing. I assume your business is a cash-basis taxpayer, in which case you are correct that the deposit is reported as revenue in the year received. But so what? If you refund it the next year, you'll get a deduction for it at that time. More importantly, accrual-basis accounting - generally accepted accounting principles, or GAAP, which is the standard for business financial reporting and financial management purposes - the deposit is actually NOT accounted for as revenue during the year received. It is actually reported as a *liability* because you have not *earned* the revenue until you actually *provide* the tour. So it would be on your balance sheet as a liability at the end of 2019, and you would recognize the *revenue* in 2020 when you actually provide the tour. The accounting rationale for this is (a) if you for some reason fail to provide the tour, you would have to refund the money, and are not entitled to keep it until you have provided the tour, and (b) the revenue is matched with the expense in the same period - i.e., the deposit paid in 2019 is for a 2020 tour, so is reported in 2020 when the tour is provided and you are incurring expenses for that tour. In summary, the deposit is *not* considered earned when received, because the business still has an obligation to provide the product or service in the future.

Probably nobody on here cares what an accounting geek has to say, but I thought it important to clarify for people that may read Roger's post and say to themselves "I don't know anything about accounting, so that must be correct!"
THANK YOU for clarifying the "cash vs. accrual" accounting principles. I caught the nonsensical aspect of that part of his defense. Yes, it is their business and it is theirs to do as they wish in terms of when they spend the money people have paid them for events/services to be performed in the future.

As for "the refund" . . . Caryn responded Friday night on my personal Facebook page BEFORE they posted over here on ST, that they were issuing my refund . . . even though, as I've also said throughout this . . . I have NOT CANCELLED nor did I say I wanted to. I was ONLY trying to find out if they were operating; and how they were going to handle things should travel bans, etc, come into play with COVID-19 around the time of my scheduled May tour. It was really that simple; and yet, they escalated it by over-reacting and digging in regarding their f-ing contract (which I have and have read many times over the past week).

I know their rights under the agreement . . . and I know mine . . . especially since they tried to use the "health clause" against me publicly because I do have medical concerns. Unfortunately Caryn apparently didn't know/realize I had sought information from Roger about that BEFORE signing up and paying the deposit back in Dec '18. He said what I disclosed as a potential concern, was not an issue for SLT even giving me an example of someone with a more severe heart related condition, who had been on their tour. Once I shared that publicly, she backed right off on my "not being in good health."

Anyway . . . I do appreciate the support and insight from everyone here on both sides of the discussion/debate/argument. I like everyone else, look forward to this being resolved and going away. While by email to them I asked them to refund my tour fees to my credit card used to pay them, no response, so hopefully "the check is in the mail."

Last edited:

Daisy R

Enthusiast
Jun 4, 2019
Denver
I think the point a lot of folks have been making is the orders are not clear in most of the cases. I think that is starting to change some - today's TX Governor's order is very clear when it comes to driving into Texas from Louisiana.
I was wondering how they were going to enforce it. They certainly gave it a lot of thought. It's there in detail. Thanks for posting.

Jun 8, 2017
Minneapolis, MN
Hi all. I hope everyone here is doing well and doing their part to stay safe and healthy. Reading through this thread has been a bit of a wild ride over the past few days, and I've only truly caught up in the last few hours. I think there is a lot to be said for both sides of the arguments that are being made regarding storm chasing during this pandemic.

Others have undoubtedly said this already and probably better than I will, but we are certainly living through unprecedented times right now. We are in the middle of a global pandemic, the likes of which we have not seen in our lifetimes and hopefully will not see again during our time on Earth. There are hundreds of thousands of people being directly affected by this, and the outbreak of this virus has changed almost everything about our lives that we would consider "normal". In fact, even the social fabric that we have grown accustomed to as a society has been altered - likely never to return to the way it was before.

I am a firm believer that, as a human race, it is our duty to do our very best to protect both ourselves and those around us during this time. We have a duty to be helpful to our family, friends and neighbors or at the very least to not put them in more danger than they would be without us there. It is important not to act irresponsibly or selfishly during this time, and I have been trying my very best to help and support my family, friends and colleagues.

It is also important to remember that there are hundreds of thousands of people suffering around the globe from this terrible disease - many of which have caught it from innocent or everyday acts such as touching a counter and then biting their nail, or pumping gas and then scratching their eye. It is truly scary how fast this virus can spread and how many people can affect. It is certain that many more will die, and that is sobering to say the least. It is up to us to do everything that we can to prevent further spread.

With all of that being said, and with a serious dose of reality, I don't think that storm chasing can be remotely considered a dangerous or risky activity if it occurs with the utmost precautions. There are several things that storm chasers should be doing in order to prevent the spread of this virus wherever they travel, including but not limited to: Excessive sanitizing of your surrounding space and yourself, wearing a mask (if you choose), covering or wiping down any surfaces you may touch, avoiding contact with people or locals, practicing social distancing when you can (which truly is not that difficult in places like Kansas or Nebraska), and abiding by the laws and rules that are put into effect by local government.

One can make the argument that storm chasing is one of the safer, more responsible professions to exercise during this difficult time. There is simply no way that someone can argue that you are putting yourself or others at more risk storm chasing than you are going to the grocery store, or engaging in a conversation with someone in the street, or going to your local coffee shops takeout window. There is no comparison to be made to the irresponsible actions of those who are partying or gathering in groups at the beach or in college towns, either. It's not remotely the same.

Ultimately, if we as a storm chasing community are able to live up to these standards then I cannot see how or why this profession or community would be discouraged or frowned upon by any local government or media. There are no grounds for that if we all behave ourselves and act with some human decency. If a storm chaser chooses not to participate in the profession or community during this time, in the interest of their own safety and health, then so be it. But that does not mean that others who are participating, and taking all of the above precautions, are acting irresponsibly.

Ultimately, I think Dan and a few others who have voiced their concerns have great intentions. I certainly respect them for voicing their opinions. They are looking out for the future of our community and the health of both ourselves and the towns we will be visiting. But the delivery has failed; threatening to systematically track people is not going to help the situation.

The best we can do here is encourage each other to be smart, act with kindness and compassion towards the people we may come in contact with, stay healthy, and chase the most beautiful storms in the world.

I hope to see you all out there this Spring. Just stay six f*cking feet away from me ;)

John

Feb 21, 2012
Wichita, KS
I was just hoping Dan would clarify but I didnt get that clarification from his replies. There are so many angles to this. I would potentially agree with him if he was more specific in defining what constitutes being called out. For example "let's call out chasers that are congregating in groups, putting others at risk, before someone else does, ruining it for us all" as opposed "I'm going to define what constitutes 'breaking quarantine' and report you to authorities accordingly" essentially blowing the issue out of proportion and making it a bigger issue than it needs to be. If law enforcement isnt focusing on chasers, they surely will be when we are sending anecdotal, out of context evidence of chasers breaking ambiguous state orders. Again, I think he was attempting to come from the right place, bit doing it in the wrong way. You can call people out without being the equivalent of a tattle-tale. If you aren't putting anyone at harm you should be free to enjoy outdoor sight seeing as stated in most of the stay at home orders.

To clarify my own position about chasing, in case anyone has misunderstood any of my prior posts: If my chase vacation were starting tomorrow, of course I would not head out there. But if I lived out there, could pack my own food, and could get out and back without an overnight stay, why wouldn’t I chase? As far as my own chase vacation, my position on that is, I will just see what’s happening six weeks from now and make a decision then, even if it’s a somewhat later trip than usual. My point there has simply always been that if we still have this level of restriction/shutdown at the end of May, which would be nearly 10 weeks at that point, we’ve got way bigger problems than chasing - we’ll be looking at an economic (and therefore societal) catastrophe.
In the end, there may be less disagreement among us than we think. I think it is fair to say that James and I have largely been on opposite sides in this discussion, yet his position on chasing is pretty much the same as mine. Out and back without an overnight stay, no problem. Though I personally am a little reluctant to cross state lines, because I think that out of state plates could draw attention. And we agree that more than out and back in the same day is not a good idea right now. I can't speak for Dan, but from looking at his posts, I think that is pretty much his position, too. I suppose even overnight chasing could be pretty safe IF, in addition to using gloves or other protective gear to pump gas, you slept in your car and packed everything in and out. But I am told old for that sh*t, so I am not doing it. I have been out chasing locally for thundersnow in the past 10 days, and would still do local chases like that, but right now that is about it. Where you really start to get into problems, IMHO, is if you stay in hotels, buy food and other supplies, etc. At that point you are coming into contact with people that would have been avoidable, and I think that is problematic, especially if done over multiple days. And it looks like some of us who have been on "opposite" sides of the discussion pretty much agree with this. One thing I do not agree with, though, is the notion that public modes of transportation (air, train, bus, subway) spread the virus and cars do not. Here in Colorado, cars almost certainly have. The biggest per-capita outbreak here is in the Vail area, and unfortunately before the ski areas closed, people appear to have picked it up there and spread it into the Denver area, where there is also now a sizable outbreak, and the folks travelling between the Denver and Vail areas were almost entirely travelling by car. So yes, cars can spread it.

As to the question of calling people out, see Taylor's post above which I largely agree with. There have been calls for years here on ST, at Chasercon, and elsewhere in the chaser community for irresponsible chaser behavior to be called out, and I see nothing wrong with that, if it is done in a responsible way. No, that doesn't mean looking for people's dots on SN and reporting them. But if chasers congregate in big groups, or create extra work for LE during this crisis with massive chaser jams, that is a problem and I see nothing wrong with criticizing it. Make no mistake - if we have incidents during this crisis like some we have had in recent years that have drawn negative attention to chasing, that negative attention will be far worse in the current atmosphere. Not to mention if a Coronavirus outbreak in some small town is shown to or appears to have originated with a chaser or with a large number of chasers stopping in the town.

Reactions: Taylor Wright
Jul 5, 2009
Newtown, Pennsylvania
In the end, there may be less disagreement among us than we think. I think it is fair to say that James and I have largely been on opposite sides in this discussion, yet his position on chasing is pretty much the same as mine.
John, I agree, but I'm not sure why you think we have been on opposite sides in the discussion? If our position on chasing is pretty much the same, what was it that we were on opposite sides of? After all, chasing is the subject of this whole thread... The only thing I could think of is that on the other thread I may have been a little more skeptical about some of the worst case scenarios, and a little more concerned than some others about the economic side. But I never intended to imply that the economic side was *more* important than the health side, it was just to say that we can't ignore the economic side, we need to be realistic about how long it is practical to keep the economy shut down, especially when decisions are being made based upon models and the inherent assumptions, variables, and less-than-100% probability that we need to admit models entail.

Reactions: John Farley

Mark Blue

Owner
Staff member
Feb 19, 2007
Colorado
It’s been a long time since I have posted on this website, and for good reason.
It took me 10 years of toil and hard work to become the owner of Stormtrack and in one sentence someone who I thought was my friend just shot me in the back. We can’t stop members from coming here and relating the experiences they’ve had on your tours. Maybe you should use it as an opportunity to accept the feedback at face value and try to make changes to avoid poor reviews in the future. I digress though, as you running your business as you see fit isn’t any of my business.

I’ll never forget the 90 miles sign to Denver at 3 am in the morning Caryn. I hope this isn’t the end because I had a huge amount of respect for you guys before last year’s event in Lawrence.

Mark Blue

Owner
Staff member
Feb 19, 2007
Colorado
I wanted to clarify Dan’s position as a Staff member. Yesterday at 12:24 pm MT he voluntarily relinquished his Staff position as he was preparing to go to battle and didn’t want to involve ST in the melee. At this point in time he has been speaking on his own behalf without the backing of ST. I think what he’s saying lines up with what Dr Persoff also said. It really wouldn’t hurt to sit out a couple of early season chases if it slows the spread of COVID-19. To some life is nothing but fun and games until you find yourself sicker than a dog in some hospital far away from home. Just be mindful that we are all mortal and if skipping a chase or three for the greater good of humankind and slowing the spread of this disease is concerned it’s a very small price to pay.