Still photography agencies/brokers?

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Dan Robinson, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Dan Robinson

Dan Robinson WxLibrary Editor
    Staff Member

I'm curious if anyone uses a still photo broker or agency similar to a video broker, or if such a thing exists outside of Getty. Mainly interested in someone who handles client requests, licensing/prints and billing. I don't get a lot of these, but with working full time I'm never able to respond timely to the typical back-and-forth of inquiries.

• Like Like x 2
  2. James Wilson

James Wilson Member

Just doesn't seem to be much of a photo market anymore unless you get something very unique

3. JohnHuntington

I am on Shutterstock, and make a couple hundred bucks a year on it. Also I'm on Alamy, and I often make nothing but they did sell some of my photos (from a stuck roller coaster in Coney Island) to a paper in England and got me a couple hundred bucks...

I tried selling NYC related prints at various outlets last year and holiday season but have thrown in the towel on that now.

I do have my first ever solo photo show opening next week, though :)

John

4. James Hilger

James Hilger Member

I do decent selling to local papers where scene took place. Not what you're looking for, I realize. But it adds up. Takes 10 minutes to give them a story to go with it. Surprisingly I've never been told no. Pretty easy sales.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Stormtrack mobile app

• Like Like x 1