*New Users. Meet and Greet Area*

Jan 31, 2017
Joplin, MO & Iowa City, IA
Hi all! I'm Lisa, and I'm from Pflugerville, TX (just north of Austin). I've been interested in severe weather and tornadoes since I was a very little girl growing up in N Central Texas, but I've to date never seen a tornado in person. I've been working so hard the past several months to learn as much as I can about weather and storms in order to get out there and see one myself. I'm on the ST Discord, part of the Spotter Network, took a class with the NWS, and just recently ordered a copy of Meteorology Today. It was a dream of mine to be a meteorologist, but it wasn't quite in the cards for me career-wise. Now I'm working diligently at it and would love to really get out there and chase for the first time with a little knowledge under my belt. :)
I wouldn't rule out your career dream, Lisa. Aubrey Urbanowicz, a Virginia TV meteorologist and co-host of the WeatherBrains podcast, didn't join the profession until her late 20s or early 30s. The life experience she gained before then served her well in her profession.

Jan 31, 2017
Joplin, MO & Iowa City, IA
Hello Everybody. My name is Jaynell, I live in Oklahoma. I have been Storm Spotting and Chasing since my Sophomore year in High School (late 80's). I love everything about the weather. I am married and have 4 human kids, and 7 four legged kids. My oldest twin daughter is Autistic and she is a Storm Spotter. She helps me out alot when taking videos,photographs or even traveling with maps and gps. I also am a Learning Coach for my youngest daughter. My Autistic daughter and I have been in two tornadoes together. I look forward to talking and hopefully meeting you all someday.
Welcome, Jaynell. Your perspective is a valuable one. The Weather Enterprise is trying to reach out to people who might not comprehend the messages as they're sent now. What advice do you have as to how to reach Autistic people with warnings and with safety info after a disaster? (Mods may want to move this reply to a different forum).

Hey, Everyone, I'm Sean Hurst I'm from Houston, TX and Nacogdoches, TX (University). I haven't really been storm chasing more just squalls that come through Nacogdoches. I am Spatial Science also known as a Geographical Information Systems Major at Stephen F Austin State University. I do photography in my free time of anything I can get myself into. Other than that I've been super interested in storms since I was five or six and now I hope to someday incorporate GIS with the weather.

Reactions: KPryor

EricHildebrandt

Enthusiast
May 20, 2019
Brandon, MB, Canada
Hi Everyone, I'm Eric Hildebrandt, I am from Brandon, Manitoba, Canada. I have been fascinated and extremely interested in extreme weather since I can remember as a kid. I was the one glued to the door or window watching the storms go overhead and yes that includes Canadian Prairie snow storms. For quite some time I have gotten out to follow local storms to video or photograph. This year I have decided I want to chase and learn more about extreme weather. I am learning in detail what I can so I can storm hunt safely.

Reactions: KPryor

Garrett H.

Enthusiast
Aug 13, 2018
Naples, FL
Hey all, I'm Garrett Harvey and from Naples, FL. I have lived in Naples for all of my life and have been in some interesting storms such as Charley, Fay, and Irma. I have had an interest in weather since I was very very young and have been known to be distracted to look outside to see such cloud spectacles and storms. I am also an intern for "How the Weatherworks" and have been a part of rainfall perceptions (AMS published). I am also getting ready to graduate High School and move on to college, either FGCU for 2 to get core classes and FSU for 2-4 years for meteorology. Or just FSU for 4+ years. :)

Joshua Nelson

Enthusiast
Aug 7, 2018
Pratt, kansas
Hey everyone my name is Josh Nelson I’ve been interested in meteorology and chasing for as long as I can remember. I currently am in college and don’t have a rig yet but hopefully will change soon. I’m from Pratt KS a pretty central location for chasing and great road networks until it rains! Anyway just wanted to say hey.

Dustin B.

Enthusiast
Oct 2, 2018
La Center, KY
Hello my name is Dustin. I’m from La Center, KY about 30 miles from Paducah, KY. I’ve been interested in weather ever since I was around 10. Always excited when severe storms come through the area. When I was younger I was riding with my local emergency management spotting storms with them. That was always fun. I’m also in a couple different chats somewhere else where I learn new things everyday and excited to learn new things here. It’s been a wild year here so far. 1 derecho and a few tornadoes that hit the county. Excited to be a part of this community!!

John Choquette

Enthusiast
Nov 14, 2018
Oklahoma City, OK
Hey all, You may know me from the ST Discord but if not, I'm John Choquette and I live in Oklahoma City, OK. I grew up in Connecticut loving the big snowstorms and hurricanes. Ever since the 1995-96 winter, I have always wanted to work in the world of weather. After graduating with my bachelors degree I moved to Oklahoma to work at my current job. I am the lead Meteorologist for a company called Hail Trace which specializes in tracking large hail. We storm chase for both marketing and research purposes. We intentionally punch hail cores but we happily stay out of the core to see nice tornadoes. We have also chased every hurricane since Harvey. I will have been chasing regularly for 6 years by the end of 2019. I try to engage in the storm track discord when I have time and I will try to post in here from time to time!

ngrinnell

Enthusiast
May 26, 2019
Waltham ,MA
Hey everyone. I went on my first storm chase this year. My wife is an avid weather fanatic(to say the least), so I decided to join her this year and had a great time chasing. We are already booked for next year!!!

Neal

Jody P.

Enthusiast
Apr 30, 2019
Hello all, my name is Jody and i’m A true okie from Muskogee. Currently live in Cookson, Oklahoma. I’ve been interested in weather for as long as I can remember. I am an ex US Army infantry soldier, retired police officer with 22 years of service, currently working for the US Gov. I have always worked in various weather conditions as a police officer, to include spotting for city emergency management., and have found myself at a place where I can pursue it more. I recently completed a local Vo-Tech storm spotter course presented by Von Caster, KTUL Tulsa. Look forward to learning more and sharing what I can.

Kevin Metcalfe

Enthusiast
Apr 17, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Hello everyone! My name is Kevin and I'm from Pittsburgh, PA. I have been interested in weather and weather events / technology since I was little. Storm spotting was actually what drove me to get my amatuer radio license and study up on reporting weather events to the NWS. I have taken both the basic and advanced storm spotting class presented by the NWS team from Moon Township PA. I have also taken the MetEd course (highly recommend) and the SpotterNetwork training class.

My background however is information technology. I have an Associate of Science in Network Security and Computer forensics and am going back to school to get my Bachelor's of Science in Network Operations and Security.

BMillington

Enthusiast
May 7, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA
Hello, my name is Bill and i'm from SW Pennsylvania. I've been interested in weather since I was 12. I've been a skywarn spotter since 2011 and got into weather photography in 2012. Currently I send rain amounts and wind speeds to a local news station and recently started a YouTube channel for weather lovers. Soon in the future I hope to be storm chasing. I always wanted to since I was young. Also don't worry, i'm not going to be another car in a traffic jam in front of a storm, I want to be distant to see the whole storm structure and view some lightning.

Justin Lockhart

Enthusiast
May 30, 2019
Auburn, NY
Hello, my name is Justin, and I live in Auburn, New York. I’ve been interested in meteorology, especially tropical cyclones, since I tracked Hurricane Irma in 2017. I’m also quite fond of astronomy, history, and physics. Some of the more experienced users may have recognized me from the ST Discord, of which I was a member of during the spring and summer of 2018 (I tried a few times to get back there, but they have been unsuccessful for reasons unknown). I’m on the autism spectrum, although I have greatly improved my ability to communicate with others over the past couple of years.

I will be graduating from high school next year, after which I plan on getting an associate’s degree in GIS before going to SUNY Oswego to get a major in Meteorology.

Cchambers

Enthusiast
Apr 17, 2019
Oklahoma city
Hello all, my name is cody. I found the site via RadarScope and I've been interested in weather for a few years. I recently moved to oklahoma so I will hopefully get some first hand experience on the subject. I'll be lurking and learning for now but when I've learned enough to contribute I'll definitely be glad to jump in on discussions!

Reactions: Claudette Ansberry

jrotter

Enthusiast
May 7, 2019
Kansas City, Missouri
Hi there, my name is Jack and I live in the Kansas City area. I first became seriously interested in meteorology a few years ago when a rotating wall cloud had gone over my head and I didn’t even realize what it was. I’m going to enter my senior year of high school. As of now I’m planning to go to a college where I can study/get a degree in meteorology. I have a strong interest in chasing and I don’t really chase much as of now, apart from finding a spot where I can sit and observe a passing thunderstorm.

Reactions: Cchambers

Sue Gaskey

Enthusiast
Aug 20, 2018
Palos Heights IL
Hey everyone. I am a Spotter out of the Chicago area. I love everything storms. By trade I am a Media Producer. I love to photograph storms & lightning when I find the time. Just wanted to jump on and say HI!

G.A.Rick

Enthusiast
May 30, 2019
Pert TX
Hey all!
Name is George Rick, located in Anderson County, Texas. Ive been involved with Storm Spotting for several years. Certified by SkyWarn about 10 years ago as a Storm Spotter. Currently a Tech Level HAM Operator "KI5ACP" and work with the local LE when the weather comes up nasty. Being a Lvl 3/4 Security Officer and NASAR (Search & Rescue)Tech II Certified, I make it a point to get out and get involved with weather related issues in the community.
Ive seen several Tornado's but just recently experience being in one while in my p/u spotting (nothing much, just an EF0 that caused minor wind and tree damage) was within about 100 ft from it as it touched down and crossed right in front of me. Pretty neat watching what it does to wind at ground level. Was in such aww that I forgot to take a video of the whole thing but maybe next time..
TDF2.jpg

Jul 18, 2019
Menomonie, WI
Hello all, my names Chris Karraker and I’ve always been a fan of weather. I used to live right in the middle of tornado alley but have since lived in WI these last 20 years. I love photographing lightning and storm cells when I get the chance, and while so haven’t done any chasing yet other than to try and photograph, it’s something I hope to get around to someday,

I am an avid falconer and the weather regularly affects my ability to hunt my birds so I need to pay close attention to it. I’m hoping by spending some time here I can learn even more and give myself some more knowledge to be able to track and document systems better.

Attachments

M Weeks

Enthusiast
Jul 12, 2018
Indianapolis, IN
Greetings all. My name is Milford C. Weeks. I have been interested in weather and nature's power since I was a child and watched a tornado spawn sisters and bounce around over the Homochitto River with my grandfather. He also hooked me on scanners and public safety. I first got some serious training and got to experience spotting in High School with a local VFD. Watching many a funnel and hail and flooding and serious tropical storms growing up in MS just fueled the fire. I dropped out of WX watching for a while but was awakened to it again a few years ago when we had a close call with an tornado that almost hit where I was working. Shortly after that the 2013 Moore tornado hit and the ministry group I volunteer with went in to assist with the rescue and clean up, and we're almost hit by the tornado that hit just a couple of days later. I then began research on my own, and eventually took the online Mesoscale Meteorology courses, the SkyWarn online classes, did s local NWS Spotter Talk, and am again a Spotter here in Indianapolis, IN. Eventually I hope to do some chasing also.

Reactions: Krista Shaw

Chelsea Smith

Enthusiast
Jul 2, 2019
North Lima Ohio
Hey y'all. Im Chelsea Rose. Since my dad showed me my first storm at 5 years old. I have had funnel vision ever since!!! My dad would take me out and we would ride around just to get a better look! My dad's the only other person who loves severe weather that I know, besides a few friends. I am a certified storm spotter through skywarn, I am thankful for that. I am very interested in chasing and learning everything there is to know about tornados in particular. I am also huge on storm photography. A good friend who teaches me alot introduced me to radar scope and I have learned to read radar, still quite a few things I need to learn. I love learning about specific tornados, and historic tornados and their history in general! I was telling a friend I wish they had a social media for storm chasers and he introduced me to this site. I am excited to get to learn from all the experienced fellow weather lovers, and read what they experience and share. 💗🌪🌩🌧

Attachments

HadleeJ

Enthusiast
Mar 12, 2019
Granbury, TX
Hi! I'm Hadlee. I've been reading Storm Track for many years but haven't participated in conversations. It's nice to see the "Meet & Greet" for all of us to connect more.

I've been a weather junkie since childhood. Storm spotting or chasing since the early 80's, becoming more active when I moved back to NTX in 1998. I was active in Skywarn, RACES and the Red Cross DAT until a vertigo related disease prevented me from being mobile or on the road. I participate in CoCoRaHS and I'm an amateur radio operator (WX5LDY)

I helped manage a breaking news FB group for our area after our deadly tornado in May of 2013. I left the breaking news group early this year to focus more on public awareness through a local FB page. I post the severe weather/hazardous weather information and updates from the NWS when needed.

Keep up the good work gentlemen!! I appreciate Storm Track, the forums and the education I have gained!! Thank you for all your hardwork!

Nathan Kaufman

Enthusiast
May 20, 2019
San Antonio, TX
My name is Nathan. I’ve been into meteorology poverty 20 years. I graduated from Texas A&M in 2011 with a meteorology minor and participated in events with the TAMSCAMS and TASC. I also worked as an emergency dispatcher in a previous life. Now if I chase it’s mostly solo and from a safe distance for photography. My confirmed tornado count is 7.

Adam Ward

Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2019
Murfreesboro, TN
Hi - Been lurking for a little while now. Completely blown away by the knowledge of folks here. I am a trained spotter and enjoy chasing when I’m able. Mostly these days, I just use my knowledge to keep folks safe in these unpredictable storms that Middle TN spins up. However I would one day like to go chasing in Tornado Alley in the hopes of witnessing my first tornado.

Reactions: Jeff House

D Therio

Enthusiast
May 18, 2019
Harrah, OK
Howdy folks. My name is David Therio. I have always had an interest in weather. I remember hunkering down beneath the couch in Midwest City during the May 3, 1999 tornadoes.

A lot has changed since then in terms of meteorological knowledge and technology.
I have a beginners grasp on storm spotting and I’m hoping to increase my knowledge through this forum.

andylanterman

Enthusiast
May 1, 2019
Monroe, Ohio
Hello everyone. My name is Andy. Weather lover and future storm chaser. Located in SW Ohio and I love storms of all sorts. Hope to learn from everyone here!