*New Users. Meet and Greet Area*

Discussion in 'Introductory weather & chasing' started by Matthew Harding, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Tommy Wilson

Greetings everyone! My name is Tommy Wilson and I am located in the beautiful northwoods of Wisconsin, about an hour South of Lake Superior. I have only been on a few chases so far, nothing real major as we don't get much sever weather this far North. I have some weather knowledge as I took a weather and climate class in college and it really sparked my interest. I have always been very interested in weather and especially in thunderstorms and tornados. When I was in high school ('89 to '90) I used to have a police scanner and would sit and listen to it constantly and would wait for some good weather to watch. I have spent many years studying and researching weather, from reading books on weather and watching educational videos to learn as much as I can. I am really looking forward to meeting new people on here and learning everything I can from all of you and making new contacts. You can email me at:
    storm chaser5138@gmail.com if you would like. I would really love to hear from some of you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Todd Lemery

Supporter

Hi Tommy, I'm up North too in Menominee MI. Nothing like the challenge of chasing up this way. About every leap year we get a good storm and then you have to fight the trees and hills just to see anything. I guess that's why God made the southern plains... Welcome aboard

3. S Geyer

S Geyer Noob

Hey everyone, I'm Sam
    I'm originally from central Arkansas, living up in northwest Arkansas now. I'm 24, and hoping to eventually move over to Norman to finish school with a degree in Atmospheric Sciences. I've seen a couple stovepipe tornadoes(just happened to be traveling at the right times), but I'm hoping to get out and watch more.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Stormtrack mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. John Olexa

John Olexa Member

Welcome to the group Tommy & Sam.

5. Brett Robison

Hey everyone, Brett here.

I live in the Collinsville, OK area about 15 miles north of Tulsa. I've lived in OK for all of my life, around the Tulsa and the Norman areas primarily. 31 now, always been fascinated with meteorology (regret not majoring in it at OU) since I was a little kid. Anytime Gary was on I was glued to the TV watching. Growing up here I love to monitor the radar and watch chaser streams whenever an event pops up. Never been chasing in person but I'm definitely going to try go this year. I lurked here the past couple years mainly following the target area threads, been trying to self-teach myself the advanced-basics (if that makes sense haha) of what all goes into forecasting a tornadic event.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Todd Lemery

Supporter

Good luck Brett, you're in a good spot there!

7. Jacob Higgins

Hey everyone, my name is Jake Higgins and I currently live in the Wichita, KS area. I have had a passion for severe weather since I was about five years old when my grandmother bought me a copy of a Weather Channel documentary called 'Enemy Wind'. Since then I've watched or read anything I could get my hands on to further my knowledge of the subject and as I got older, have tried to go chasing whenever I get the time and the weather cooperates. I joined Stormtrack.org so that I can learn and discuss topics with people who are as passionate about this subject as I am and perhaps even find a chaser who can show me the ropes and further my understanding of severe weather.

I hope this post finds everyone doing well and I look forward to learning from everyone!

8. Chris Hutchison

Hello! My name is Chris Hutchison, I reside in Northeastern Kentucky, in the Ashland/Huntington WV area. I am a Deputy Director with the Boyd County Office of Emergency Management, as which I handle basic incident planning, logistics, EOC Operations, and the "go to guy" for weather information during events and severe weather. I joined storm track to converse with and learn from fellow weather enthusiasts and chasers. I've been interested in and self-studied weather since I was young, and now working to prepare for it as a job is even better. Look forward to talking to everyone!